PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I'm not good at introducing myself!

Freeky
08-11-13, 22:12
Hi, my name is Emily but here you can call me Freeky or Em, whatever suits you!

I've had health anxiety since June or July 2012, I think it was triggered by the death of my first dog Louis. He sadly died of liver cancer aged 7 in May 2012, at first my family thought he was diabetic but by the time we discovered what was really wrong with him it was too late.
The first time I felt conscious about my health was when I woke up with a slight stomach ache one morning, it wasn't anything serious but for some reason I couldn't stop thinking that it was something bad and that I was going to go the same way Louis did.

Eventually my anxiety got to the point that I needed help, so I went to a psychologist for a couple of months which helped me immensely. I seemed to be completely over my anxiety and stayed that way for probably well over five months!
My health anxiety came back again during my final year of high school, I was going through a pretty stressful time with my final exams looming and everything. I still have it now, but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, I just need a bit of reassurance every now and again.

This is where No More Panic came in, I've been coming here since 2012, when I was at my worst and it's always been a big help. I've hesitated about joining before but recently Google hasn't exactly been a big help (when has it been helpful with my anxieties?!) and decided to join before things get too out of hand again.

Anyway, that's my story, sorry for the long introduction and any grammar or spelling mistakes I might've missed! I hope I can help out here as much as this site has helped me! :hugs:

Freeky :flowers:

Annie0904
08-11-13, 22:36
Hi :welcome:

Hopeandlove
14-11-13, 02:39
welcome!