PDA

View Full Version : What if?

Katty1303
08-11-13, 23:04
Here I go again. I really can't get it into my head that this is anxiety I am sure there is something wrong with me in fact I am adiment I have a brain tumour! I've never had a ct or MRI scan and I'm afraid that I'll never get better until I no there's no physical reason for my symptoms. My symptoms are so disabling that I can't believe that anxiety can do this. I visit my doc lots and tell him all my symptoms he always says it's the anxiety or diagnose a virus or something depending on my symptoms. I can't seem to tell anyone that I'm worried about a brain tumour I just can't get the words out. Do you think if I tell my doc that he would arrange for me to have tests done JUST to ease my worry?..

What I feel is that if that girl could get a breast enlargement on the nhs because she was depressed why can't I have some tests to ease my misery?..

Any feed back will be greatly received xx

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Ill just point out that I rarely get headaches though the symptom that worries me is the dizziness, confusion, derealisation ect

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Ill just point out that I rarely get headaches though the symptom that worries me is the dizziness, confusion, derealisation ect

kittencake
09-11-13, 02:16
Hello Katty. Dizziness, confusion and derealisation are all very much symptoms of anxiety, and anxiety can make you feel really very ill. I know exactly how you feel though and have a lot of the same thoughts myself. Yes, the doctor probably would send you for a brain scan if you made your worries clear. The trouble with health anxiety is that it would only reassure you for so long. After a while you would probably begin to wonder 'what if they missed something?' or move onto worrying obsessively about a different disease or illness.

If your doctor has diagnosed you with anxiety, ask him or her to get you some help for it, if they haven't already, and send you for CBT or at least counselling.