PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be rational...

matrix123
09-11-13, 08:34
For me the worst period with anxiety was the beginning because I didn't know that "just anxiety" could do all that stuff. I guess that's the case for most other people.

However I'm wondering if with the passing of time people start to be more rational and more self confident. Let me explain what I mean:

- In the beginning I feared ALS also, but now I'm sure it's not ALS. My first anxiety symptoms that I remember are from about 2 and a half years ago and if it was ALS I would be dead right now.

- Also, I have feared more MS. I still do, but if it's MS it must not be aggressive since none of my symptoms have got significantly worse

- Right now my biggest fear is Brain Tumor. I'm relatively sure it's not an aggressive one since in more than 2 years you'll most probably be dead. However I'm fearing it's a slow growing one :(

I'm thinking that if after 5 or 10 years I would still have the same issues, I would be pretty certain than it's not BT also. I wanted to ask people who have a long history with anxiety, if their experience is similar or not?

Gina9
09-11-13, 09:47
Yes I would definitely agree, you know that you've thought it was other illnesses and it hasn't been, it's hard to accept that anxiety makes us feel so awful. :hugs:

Insomniac
09-11-13, 21:58
My first experiences of panic attacks were definitely the worst too, because I didn't know what it was and why I was unable to do the things I had done many times before. I have talked myself into winning these individual battles with anxiety many times, and it has become less severe over the years.

Now it is only occasionally that breathing exercises (and a little rescue remedy) don't work. I am struggling with health anxiety at the moment, as I keep wondering if my pain is an imminent heart attack, or blood clot. But then like you, I tell myself I am still here, so that's a good sign.