PDA

View Full Version : lipoma or liposarcoma

leebop
09-11-13, 10:23
Hi, I have a lump on my outer thigh above my knee about 3cm. I noticed it 3.5 years ago and didnt really worry about it at all as I thought it was just a cyst or lipoma but now Ive found out that there is such a thing as liposarcoma and Ive gone into full melt down. I got the courage to go to doctor yesterday and walked in and started crying straight away. I could tell he was thinking Im crazy and told me to calm down. He had a look through a dermascope and said it wasnt cancer but how the hell can he tell. Its just skin on top. He didnt ask me any questions and didnt even feel it. I asked him what it was and he just shrugged his shoulders. I asked for a biopsy which is getting done on Tuesday. I feel like he didnt take me seriously as he said is I had it there for so long Id know by now if it was cancerous. It has grown slowly but then I read some of these cancerous tumors can take several years to grow. I am so scared. Has anyone got lipomas that havent been biopsied and not worried about it?