PDA

View Full Version : Read this.

cymraig_chris
09-11-13, 11:11
Found this on a forum somewhere...

It is the essence of recovery,

"I don't need to do anything about it at all, I don't need to avoid, it I don't need to accept it, I don't need to float with with it, or reject it, I don't need to make it worse, or make it better, I don't need to push it away, or invite it, I don't need to embrace it, I don't need to research it, I don't need to manage it, I don't need to demand more, I don't need to push it forward or push it away, I don't need more sleep, or less sleep, I don't need anxiety, I don't need anxiety removal, I don't need to switch it off, I don't need to keep it on, I don't need to embrace it, I don't need to like it or fear it or even permit it, i don't need to do anything at all, at any time in any place, I don't need to be active, to be passive, to be mindful, to be mindless, I don't need to do anything at all. I don't need to try anything at all, I don't need to write this, I don't need to delete this, I don't need to let time pass, I don't need to observe it, I don't need to ignore it, I don't need to divert, I don't need to attend to it, I don't need to listen to it, i don't need to ignore it, I don't need do do something, I don't need to do nothing, I don't need to do anything. But I can do any or all of these of these things if I choose."

Sands
09-11-13, 20:45
Hi chris. That is the hardest thing to do because it goes against your natural instincts. You want to try to figure it all out to try to get back to how you were before. You have to really trust that if u do nothing the constant anxiety state will eventually leave you. That is what I have the problem doing to just leave it alone. I am slowly coming out of it though. I am still scared about what the hell happened in the first place. Anyway thanks for sharing that and thanks for helping me heaps already

Gotagetthroughthis
09-11-13, 20:53
Its just so hard to work out what "do nothing" is. Is do nothing, stay indoors and try relax when your anxiety is bad, or is do nothing go out and do what you would if you didn't have the anxiety. Its neither of those I guess, the "do nothing" part is the bit where you just don't even think about it, but once you have experienced the anxiety for so long it is near on impossible to "do nothing" and not over analyse everything.

Rennie1989
09-11-13, 20:54
I don't find it informative, personally. There are some of those things that are helping me recovery....

cymraig_chris
09-11-13, 21:30
Its just so hard to work out what "do nothing" is. Is do nothing, stay indoors and try relax when your anxiety is bad, or is do nothing go out and do what you would if you didn't have the anxiety

There is no need to work it out.

But there is nothing wrong with working it out if you want to.

What ever you do is right. It always has been.

You don't think yourself out, just do normal stuff regardless of how you feel.

Pipkin
09-11-13, 22:12
This is the sort of advice that makes a lot of sense when you've been through the worst and come out of the other side. After a lot of trying different things to combat my own anxiety, I can see more clearly how to get through it when it raises its head again but what works one day, doesn't the next and what works for me won't necessarily work for someone else. To me, that's what this post is saying.

I can understand that this advice may not work when you're in crisis and just looking desperately for someone to show you the way but as much as support is important, there's only one path and that's your own.

Thanks Chris

Pip

Eyji1
10-11-13, 12:09
Great post.

WhyWhyWhy
18-02-14, 11:05
I'd have read that when I felt like I had recovered and totally agreed however right now I'm not feeling it.

Eyji1
18-02-14, 18:52
Don't feed the fear. Don't think about it. Don't react. Just do what you want to do. If you act like a dis-eased person. You will feel like one. We all die. Just enjoy the ride while ti lasts.

We are all looking for some kind of certainty. But the only certain thing is that nothing is certain. Take a leap of faith into the deep end of the pool. Learn to swim.

Life is weird. There is no moving forward without hard work and no growth without pain. Just let go :)