PDA

View Full Version : Great Day Yesterday

Tanner40
09-11-13, 13:38
I am so proud of my accomplishments yesterday that I just wanted to share. Feels like a success story, albeit a small one. I will gladly take every small step forward that I can get.

I woke up and had my usual anxiety attack, but immediately started working CBT techniques. Putting the lie to my irrational thoughts. Within an hour I felt so much better.

We rescued a new five week old kitten yesterday, making me realize how precious life really is. He was headed for the "chamber". Makes me wonder if animals feel fear and anxiety. I enjoyed taking care of him yesterday and playing with him. Literally, made me smile many times during the day.

I met a friend for lunch and conversation and that went great. I ran errands and anxiety did not rear it's ugly head once. Today is my 20th day on citalopram. I,m hopeful that the medication is kicking in, but I know a large part of feeling better is how hard I am working at my CBT.

Woke up this morning feeling great. I know that there will be bad days ahead but I am thankful for one great day yesterday and a good morning this morning.

We can all recover if we work at it. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Gina9
09-11-13, 13:41
I am so proud of my accomplishments yesterday that I just wanted to share. Feels like a success story, albeit a small one. I will gladly take every small step forward that I can get.

I woke up and had my usual anxiety attack, but immediately started working CBT techniques. Putting the lie to my irrational thoughts. Within an hour I felt so much better.

We rescued a new five week old kitten yesterday, making me realize how precious life really is. He was headed for the "chamber". Makes me wonder if animals feel fear and anxiety. I enjoyed taking care of him yesterday and playing with him. Literally, made me smile many times during the day.

I met a friend for lunch and conversation and that went great. I ran errands and anxiety did not rear it's ugly head once. Today is my 20th day on citalopram. I,m hopeful that the medication is kicking in, but I know a large part of feeling better is how hard I am working at my CBT.

Woke up this morning feeling great. I know that there will be bad days ahead but I am thankful for one great day yesterday and a good morning this morning.

We can all recover if we work at it. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Loved reading your post :) what are you going to call the kitten?

Fishmanpa
09-11-13, 13:43
Great post Tanner! :) You're a success story in the making. Keep up the good work!

Ohhhh... and great news on the kitty. Montana is a great name. We have a Pixie Bob named Socrates (Bobcat Legends Socrates Ulysses). A pet is a constant source of joy and unconditional love and good for the soul as well as what ails you. Cats in particular have been proven to reduce stress. I know after a rough day that our boy calms me down and makes me smile :)

Tanner40
09-11-13, 13:47
Thanks Gina. I always feel good when reading something positive that someone posts, so I was so thankful to be able to do the same today. Hoping that it will give someone else hope for today.
The kitten's name is Montana. It's my partners and my 16th anniversary and Joe Montana, quarterback for San Francisco, his jersey number was 16. So Montana it is. He is so small and so cute!

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Thanks Fishmanpa! Means a lot coming from you. Your posts are always an inspiration to me.

Gina9
09-11-13, 13:51
Thanks Gina. I always feel good when reading something positive that someone posts, so I was so thankful to be able to do the same today. Hoping that it will give someone else hope for today.
The kitten's name is Montana. It's my partners and my 16th anniversary and Joe Montana, quarterback for San Francisco, his jersey number was 16. So Montana it is. He is so small and so cute!

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Thanks Fishmanpa! Means a lot coming from you. Your posts are always an inspiration to me.

aww, like the thinking behind the name :) Happy anniversary.

Tessar
09-11-13, 14:12
Tanner, really glad to hear of your good day and also well done for implementing cbt techniques. Very positive day!

HoneyLove
09-11-13, 14:48
Very glad to hear this! If you are ever having a bad day again come back and read your own post and use it to remind yourself that you can get through it and things will always get better x

Tanner40
09-11-13, 15:02
Thanks Tessar and HoneyLove. Great idea to come back and read my own post. I will definitely do that. Just spent an hour working the CBT course online. Getting ready now to have another good day. Two in a row would feel great.

venusbluejeans
09-11-13, 16:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your Thread

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums.

luci
10-11-13, 20:08
This made me smile and gave me hope for tomorrow :D thank you so much for sharing!

nphillips2
11-11-13, 17:08
Ah this is such great news! So happy for you :D

Tanner40
11-11-13, 19:35
Thanks Luci and NPhillips. It gives me hope for the future too.

-Stella-
13-11-13, 07:40
This is so lovely to read! Thanks for posting, and may there be many days like this for you in the future :)