PDA

View Full Version : Can it be true? An Inhalier Causes Anxiety

dj9928
05-11-06, 15:19
I got put on an Asmasal click-hailer for asthma and I just happened to read side effects today.

Faster than normal heart beat (tachycardia)

Unexpected narrowing of the airways (paradoxical bronchospasm)

Low blood potassium level (hypokalaemia)

Shaking, usually of the hands (tremor)

Anxiety and restlessness

Headache

Awareness of your heart beat (heart palpitations)

I have the heart beat thing, so is this what is causing my anxiety???

Quirky
05-11-06, 15:59
Hi there,

I get asthma too and have taken inhalers for many years, many years before I ever got anxiety. Yes they can make you have a fast heart and feel shaky but usually only if you take ALOT of something like salbutamol not just a normal dose.

Did you have anxiety and heart symptoms before you got the inhaler? If no then you might want to ask your doctor if the inhaler can be causing it. I know I only have to read side effects and I have them though! lol.

Good luck with it all,

Lisa

dj9928
05-11-06, 16:21
The heart tablets (Sotalol) caused the asthma, Yes I had anxiety before I took the inhaler, I think I should stop reading side effects on medicines

Quirky
05-11-06, 16:26
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I think I should stop reading side effects on medicines

<div align="right">Originally posted by dj9928 - 05 November 2006 : 16:21:08</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Yes good idea! I think I should try and take my own advice there and do the same lol.

Take care,

Lisa

dj9928
05-11-06, 16:37
Its a good job we don't live in America, There TV adverts are full of medical products and they go into fine detail all the side effects, They're not affraid to say "Rare but faital side effects"

devon_guy
05-11-06, 20:29
I take an inhaler and haven't personally had any problems. My mum however was prescribed one and she had awful heart palpitations and the dr said it would have been the inhaler that caused it. The blue inhalers tend to be the bigger culprits than the brown one apparently.

What's for you won't go by you

net
05-11-06, 21:18
i'm on a blue salbutamol inhaler and have no problems in fact my anxiety is less now than when i first started taking it 2 years ago.

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Phill2
06-11-06, 03:08
I know from experience that Beconase Nasal Spray does so an inhaler may well do too
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

GAD
06-11-06, 19:29
I take the blue salbutamol and read somewhere about this a few months ago. When i asked the doc she said that this was oly with certain types of inhalers and the blue salbutamol is not one of them. I have taken it for a good while now and had no probs with it. Maybe she was just saying that to me to prevent me from worrying but still im sure she would have to give me the correct facts from a medical point of view.

Michelle.