PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tried Reflexology for HA?

Jo1981
09-11-13, 17:03
I thought i would try reflexology as i heared its quite good for anxiety..i had it done today and she told meeverything that was going on in my body and she was accurate with what she was saying..but she worried me a bit when she said there is a problem with my right eye and that i should see an optician soon,so now im thinking the worst of course and thinking its something really bad..im hoping its just thatbi might need glasses..anyone else got there stories on reflexology? Thanks Jo x

mummyanxious
09-11-13, 20:11
I don't understand how she would know that?

cattia
09-11-13, 20:36
I went to a reflexologist in my early twenties when I first suffered with HA. She was amazing. I came out of every treatment feeling so relaxed and totally different from when I went in and when she was treating me I would become so relaxed that all sorts of thoughts and images from long ago would flow through my mind. Once I went in to her and my left ear had been really itching and irritating me for a while. I never mentioned it to her, and after the treatment she told me that I had a problem with my left ear! Anyway, in my case it was certainly nothing serious, just an irritation but its always amazed me how she could be so specific simply from doing my feet. I think she was a very talented woman. She ran a school of reflexology and taught other accredited reflexologists. I am sure it's probably nothing serious with your eye, and whatever it is, if you have no symptoms then it can't be too serious at this stage.

Annie0904
09-11-13, 21:04
To answer your question Mummy anxious, in reflexology each part of your foot corresponds to a part of your body and you can feel when doing the reflexology if there may be a problem in that area of the body. I am a holistic therapist and do reflexology.

mummyanxious
09-11-13, 21:07
Oh gosh I would be too scared to go I think for what they might find!
Would be interesting though for sure.

Annie0904
09-11-13, 21:12
It is very good for relaxation and I prefer to do it for that.

cattia
09-11-13, 21:19
Wow Annie, I never knew that. I have often thought about training in reflexology and maybe when my kids are older and I have more time I will. I think it's amazing!

Annie0904
09-11-13, 21:21
I also do aromatherapy massage, Swedish massage, Body wraps, Hopi ear candles and Indian head massage. Aromatherapy is what I enjoy doing most.

kittencake
10-11-13, 16:53
Apologies to those of you who believe it works, but in my opinion reflexology is a load of absolute rubbish, and it was ethically very wrong of her to say that to you, particularly if she knows you suffer with health anxiety. She is not a medically trained professional, and knows nothing about your eyes from looking at your foot!

Annie0904
10-11-13, 17:10
Apologies to those of you who believe it works, but in my opinion reflexology is a load of absolute rubbish, and it was ethically very wrong of her to say that to you, particularly if she knows you suffer with health anxiety. She is not a medically trained professional, and knows nothing about your eyes from looking at your foot!

I agree that I would never tell any one who had health anxiety that I thought there was something wrong. Many reflexologists though are able to tell and have had extensive training to do this. It isn't actually ethically wrong but knowing of some ones anxieties it may have been better to word it differently or not say anything at all. I have been able to tell areas with problems and have been correct on this, however as I said, I prefer to do it for relaxation only or to work on specific areas where I already know that the client has a problem. I don't like to 'diagnose' as I do think this is best left to the medical professionals but I may give some sort of advise if I thought there may be a problem in a specific area.