PDA

View Full Version : Worried about old knee injury

Freeky
09-11-13, 18:56
Hi all, I'm a complete newbie but I was just wondering whether I should get some advice about my old knee injury.

Here's how it happened... Four years ago my right knee suddenly swelled up whilst I was playing baseball with some friends. My knee had been clicking for about a week before the injury but after it swelled up I couldn't bend it at all and had to keep it straight whenever I walked. Back then I was quite active in general and did ballet once a week, so I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to dance again.

The swelling went down after five days, luckily I could bend it and walk again but whenever I bent down my knee would click loudly. One of my friends' granddad, who used to be a doctor, told me to get it looked at once I went home (we were staying at a holiday home at the time). But by the time I was back home my knee felt fine apart from the clicking so I decided not to go, also because I was and still am petrified of the doctors.

Since the injury I've been able to swim, dance, run and walk normally. My knee has felt slightly weaker since the injury and it still clicks but it's very quiet now.
I know I shouldn't worry about it after all the things I've been able to do. But since last year my right shin has been aching on and off and whenever I run my fingers down the bone it feels bumpy. I googled and it came up with shin splints that can be caused by worn out shoes and exercise. I had worn out shoes and walked to my high school every day so that could've been the cause.

Though very recently, my family adopted a new dog and she's seemed to have taken a liking to me, she follows me everywhere! She also keeps sniffing the back of my right leg, near my old knee injury and it's starting to make me concerned. Can she smell a disease in my leg? Is that what caused my injury in the first place? And if it was a disease, how come my other dog (who's been with us a year now) hasn't sensed it as well?

Has anyone else had a similar injury? Did you go to the doctors? What did he/she say it was and how was it treated?

P.S: Sorry for the long post and all the questions! I get really paranoid and tend to ask questions a lot!:blush: