PDA

View Full Version : pins and needles...thinking I have artery disease

chl_hobbs
10-11-13, 08:32
Hi all please help me if u can as im in a state about this!
For months now ive felt numbness and bouts of pins and needles in my arms on and off. At times my arms dont feel 'equal', as if the sensations are different. At times also, one hand can be a bit colder than the other in cooler temperatures.

I have been to my dr and even mentioned to a&e drs (during my period when i was always ther!) And they all say its muscle tension compressing nerves/blood flow.

When im in bed its worse. I often sleep on my side but its the arm thats on top that gets the complete numbness in that wakes me up. I sleep on my side with my top arm bent up so my hand is near my face. I have bought a special neck pillow but its made no difference.

Ovwr the past few weeks my neck has been getting more and more painful,either side feels like its being squashed in a vice. It is on both sides and makes me almost feel dizzy. Along my collar bone aches at times too to the point i thought i had angina!

I have had heart scans for palpitations recently and all was ok there aprt from pvcs and fast heart.

I have low blood pressure from 90/50-110/70 but ive noticed if i take my bp lying down with my arm infront of me instead of flat on the bed next to me,it drops by 20 ! Im scared of peripheral artery disease so much...i keep thinking i have blockages in my arteries which is causing all this. Today my neck is so so painful and my scalp hurts as well as feeling dizzy. I have also been v worried about a carotid artery (main arteries in neck) blockage or tear,which are both lethal. I saw a dr on friday who listened to the arteries and said theres no abnormal sounds.

Does this sound like artery disease or blockage? Or a neck artery tear or blockage? Im fed up of this. My hands feel different...theyre not equal sensations...but i cant explain it. I have a headache too now and dizzy.

Im 30, had bloods all normal (apart from high fibrinogen all the time) but crp was normal. X

mummyanxious
10-11-13, 09:52
I have most of this. This morning incidentally I woke up with a numb hand. This usually happens when I've got a pinched nerve somewhere in my shoulder. Its only certain fingers so I think its my ulner nerve.
Only thing that works for me is to go to the chiropractor and get it fixed.
All sounds like nerves being trapped to me.

nomorepanic
10-11-13, 14:28
I would see if you could see a physio or an osteopath so they can check your neck and back etc.

Fishmanpa
10-11-13, 15:20
I'm 54 and suffer from heart disease. At the tender age of 30, all blood work normal, heart scans normal and the doctors saying you're fine, I would play that movie reel over and over as you don't have heart/artery disease. Having blood pressure on the low side is a positive as well. If there was artery disease, your blood pressure would be high as your heart would have to work harder to get the blood flowing.

I agree with the others that some physical therapy would be beneficial.

Good Luck and Feel Better!

chl_hobbs
10-11-13, 17:19
thankyou SO much all of you. It has helped so much.

Over the course of the day my symptoms have developed. Its quite scary actually. Ive felt like I have the 'flu' for weeks, and am being investigated for POTS and or adrenal problems.

However, today's symptoms ALL tell me I have Lupus, or cancer. (yes my HA is through the roof but as a reaction to my physical symptoms)

These symptoms have been on and off for a month, but in bits for months.... now its pretty constant:

- Palpitations
- Heart rate rocketing and staying high
- Very lightheaded
- Objects 'moving'
- EXTREME fatigue (I was shaking after doing the hovering from exhaustion)
- Pins and needles, and random pains and numbness in hands and feet
- Neck pressure and pain
- Sharp pain in my right ribs at the side
- Light sensitivity.
- Shaking without anxiety
- a LUMP under my tongue on the right (between bottom of gum and where the tong connects) that is sore and makes me feel I have swollen glands just on that side.
- short of breath

Today it's really really bad. However, I would usually run off to a&e but from when I was bad with HA they know me now and I was only there on Friday and all bloods were ok (creatinine v low and always is. Fibrinogen high - always is). CRP was ok, WBCs ok etc...

I think I have lupus, or cancer or something bad....

Im a mess today

Fishmanpa
10-11-13, 17:26
- Palpitations
- Heart rate rocketing and staying high
- Very lightheaded
- Objects 'moving'
- EXTREME fatigue (I was shaking after doing the hovering from exhaustion)
- Pins and needles, and random pains and numbness in hands and feet
- Neck pressure and pain
- Sharp pain in my right ribs at the side
- Light sensitivity.
- Shaking without anxiety
- a LUMP under my tongue on the right (between bottom of gum and where the tong connects) that is sore and makes me feel I have swollen glands just on that side.
- short of breath

If you go to the "Symptoms" link on the left side of the page, you'll find most if not all of the symptoms you describe.

Feel Better and Good Luck!