PDA

View Full Version : starting to worry! smell burning and eye twitch!

anxietyoverload
10-11-13, 10:14
Hi !

Ok so I am starting to worry about this. For 2 days I have been able to smell burning, almost like a blown out candle. Now there is a candle in my room where it could have come from originally but now I can smell it everywhere! Ive also had a twitch for 3 weeks on my eye so im worries they are connected? Please someone say they have these smells?! Iv had them before just never this bad xxx

Mr Mannering
10-11-13, 13:31
Hi... I suffer the burning smell. To this day I never have established what it is. It developed along with my Anxiety about a year ago. Sometimes it's a smell and sometimes I feel like I can taste it too. I have read many things like sinus issues etc... Oddly enough I too only really suffer this while in bed at night trying to sleep. I only assume at this stage that there is a link to the anxiety we suffer but I have never read a thoery on how it is linked to the big A! I also find that it is worse with shallow breathing as we Anxiety sufferers tend to do alot... if I sit and take a deep sharp breath in through my nose I cannot smell it.

anxietyoverload
11-11-13, 10:55
Hi!

Thanks for your reply! I'm glad someone has the same problem! It's just so real! I dont know whats real or not?! stupid anxiety! x

cattia
11-11-13, 15:03
I have phases of odd smells also only when I am in bed. I have had this several times on and off over several years. For me I think it is linked to anxiety and or sinus issues which I also suffer with.

anxietyoverload
12-11-13, 09:31
Hi Cattia!

I think im just making myself crazy now! last night I could smell perfumes? It was sooo strong! Im trying to convince myself its all in my head xx