PDA

View Full Version : Iv been diagnosed with health anxiety

Lisa2013
10-11-13, 19:52
As a starting point I will add I'm all new to this and so glad I'm not the only 1...

All my anxiety started a few month ago I went to my local hospital with stomach pains doc did the normal tests them asked gynaecologist if he wanted to make sure he could see my coil strings all was ok he then said (ahhh a no what's wrong get dressed and I will be back) 30mins later he walks in and said I have a little scratch which can turn into (cervical c) that word has scared me for life so can't write it.. As you can imagine I was in a right state I couldn't cope with news like that I broke my heart, god job my partner was there to take in what he said!!! All I remember is them evil words he did say to come back Monday for a scan to check for cysts ect, baring in mind it was Friday so had 2dats to wait which felt like a year!! Coming home to my 3 beautiful children I couldn't cope noing I was going to die , I had just had my heart ripped into a million pieces and had to face my children all at 23... Monday arrived I rang my GP crying my eyes out she told me he had no right at all saying what he did as what I had does NOT turn into that she also told me to get scan and made me an appointment to see her. SCAN was FINE and was discharged...
Went to my GP app got checked and nothing was wrong told her I felt so low she told me to see how I get on as she has erasure end me again for the 10th time
2weeks ago things got so bad I couldn't cope for real I had chest pain well I thought I had (lung c) went to hospital has X-rays ect and I had a chest infection coming home reassured again. Next day I felt same had to go to doctors I filled him in with everything he checked me over told me the same but then I said please check my breasts for (breast c) as might have been coming from my breasts he said all was fine but why isn't this enuff I can't settle I'm going mental I cry constantly, this person I am now is not me am a shadow of the person I used to be and guess why because of the evil man at the hospital iv made a full complaint ect against him but I think I will never get better I need to for my babies I can't cope feeling like this.
Doctor has put me on medication and also referred me of for therapy
The storey is endless I could go on every slight thing from headache,nose bleed, pain in leg, belly pain ect is ((C)) all because of this man. Am sure he went home happy earring his £££££ why I was left to go home heartbroken threw his lies and now feel like I will never cope again....

Thanks for reading

Andria24
10-11-13, 20:10
Lisa - first of all welcome to NMP :)

Second - in all probability the incident you refer to (at the start) will have been the trigger but ... you've probably been wandering downhill for a bit, whether or not you've realised it.

Young children make for a busy and tiring life, that's for sure. My advice is that you try and listen to and work with your doctor and therapist/s. If you want to get better you will. Acknowledging what's wrong with you (anxiety disorder) and wanting to recover is 90% of the battle.

Take heart in knowing that there are many of us, just like you, walking the same path. We all find it tough, we all struggle with intrusive thoughts, have good days, bad days and worse days but, for the main, we all want to be well, whole and happy again.

Given that you've taken the initial steps towards recovery I can't imagine why you won't conquer your illness and return back to being a healthy and happy momma :)

Lisa2013
10-11-13, 21:06
Hiya thanks for reply

It's just so hard, I also doctor blame the gyne as we have gone far back and that's when it all started its like he turned my life upside down and really don't no if I will ever feel normal again. Really scary at the same time a worry about the slightest thing and also look on Google which I no I shouldn't but it kind of like a habit

Andria24
10-11-13, 21:12
It is hard, and will sometimes feel even more so but, with the correct meds and therapy combination - and your willingness, you can get better.