PDA

View Full Version : Have felt fine for months but feel I'm back where I started.

ecila92
10-11-13, 22:04
Hi,

My health anxiety had decreased for months and I was getting back on track with my life and everything was going well until a few weeks ago..

I don't mean for this to sound insensitive but someone I know of died of cancer a month ago and now someone else my age (20) has been diagnosed with it and it's really made me question my symptoms/body because all I can think about is if I have it or if I develop it, that I wont recognize the symptoms and it'll be too late.

Firstly I've had cramps around my lower abdomen for months and I've been to the doctors with it before with worries about cervical cancer and they checked my stomach and said it was all fine but they'll arrange for a scan to keep me reassured, which they haven't done yet.

But I've noticed that I wee quite alot during the day and get up 3-4 times in the night to go, around the same time the doctor checked my stomach she told me to take a urine sample, which I did, and she said that I have blood in my urine and that I just need to take antibiotics and it will go.

But I cant help but think there's something bad going on that the doctors haven't picked up on, because I wee so much and there's blood there too, I'm starting to worry.

Has anyone any advice other than to go back to the doctors? (which I think is my best bet)

Thankyou.

Andy699
10-11-13, 22:33
I know exactly how you feel. For about 3-4 months my health anxiety has been non existent but within the last few days I've started to become paranoid about my health again...I think it's good to speak to someone who also has HA. In terms of your question, cancer in the teens and young adults are very very very rare. The media tells us about a few people who have had cancer but they don't tell you about the hundreds of thousands of people who haven't. Try not to worry and stay strong!

ecila92
10-11-13, 23:03
Thanks, I know its just knowing someone my age has it is a massive shock! I always feel much better writing down my feelings anyway :)

asatylerluca
12-11-13, 09:43
I feel exactly the same.months of feeling great and then bam! It hits you.Im now convinced I have cancer even though my doctor says I dont, its like they cant reassure you enough isnt it.To me it sounds like you have an infection and like Andy above said you usually hear all the awful stories about people with cancer but nobody reports on the millions who dont.My doctor told me this and I try to remember that when im feeling low xxxx

ecila92
12-11-13, 22:24
Thanks, just cant help but feel like I have to be ready for it though, just have a feeling its going to happen to me one day, more so when I'm young :( ..worried about mouth cancer now after finding a cut that's been there for weeks. The list goes on..