PDA

View Full Version : heart anxiety again am i crazy?

pinkynicca
11-11-13, 01:26
anxiety past 15 years, completely off my citalopram, went off to soon but its to late now, im obssessed with my heart again after a few days of flutters and skips ect, i had a god awful night at work, im a cook and it was a busy friday night, i think i had a silent heart attack, that morning i remember stretching and hurt something in my back, cant turn my neck to the left or backwards without pain, 9 hours later and its busy at work, i get chest discomfort, left arm pain, which i think has to do with the back pain im having, when i move certain ways i can feel it affect areas of the back and arm. jaw pain, the pain is so random come and go, ive had the jaw pain in the past i thought it was because i clinched and grind, its a weird little sensation i get at the front of my jaw under the teeth, anyways.. im a complete mess, im 26 non smoker, 260lb 6'2, my health insurance starts on the 1st (obamacare).. now i cant stop googling, my sister tells me there is no heart conditions in our family, i had an ekg four years ago in a similar fit of week long panic.. thank you for reading.

skippy66
11-11-13, 09:03
To answer your question, no you are not crazy. You have health anxiety relating to your heart which is totally understandable given the weird symptoms you've been getting.

I can't offer you any reassurance as I'm not a medical professional, nor would I want to as reassurance seeking is what makes health anxiety worse. But I can tell you that I have suffered very similar symptoms in the past and went through the exact same anxiety about my heart - if you don't believe me read my posts from about 3 years ago, I was a total mess. I'm now free of health anxiety - I still get weird heart symptoms, I think I always will, but I cope with them in a different way now.

You will often find that symptoms like this come and go for no apparent reason. It can seem so bad one day, and the next it is fine and you look back and think 'why did I worry so much, why was it so bad that day?' It's extremely unlikely for you to have a heart problem at your age.

pinkynicca
11-11-13, 14:18
thank you skippy, i was pretty good all year long, infact last couple years ive been proud of myself but im pretty bad this fall. my girlfriend of 3 years knows i have anxiety and all that, but shes never seen me sleep all day and freak out, shes handling it surprisingly well.. how long did you have health anxiety for? what did you do to stop it?