PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Caroline

CarolinesPanic
11-11-13, 09:37
Hello my names Caroline. Unfortunately I am currently experiencing the worst panic attack I've ever had. So to keep my mind of it I have joined this wonderful site. Let me start out by saying my life hasn't exactly been the ideal teenage life. My mother commuted suicide when I was thirteen. I am now currently eighteen. I starting have panic attacks shortly after she passed. I was diagnosed with panic and anxiety disorders three years ago. Ive taken pretty much every antidepressant there is. Nothing works. When I'm in this panic state I feel light headed, panicked, I have a very irrational fear of dying, and I feel very out of control. I just recently discovered if I look up these symptoms and see that many other people have experienced them I can slowly bring my panic attack down to a less drastic point. I'm simply searching for ways to over come what I've been enduring for several years now. If anyone has any tips please contact me. I'm desperate.

craigj1303
11-11-13, 16:31
Caroline,

Good start by coming here. What I have realised after suffering with anxiety for 8 years, is that as soon as I realised other people were suffering the same way, it immediately calmed me down a good deal. Just to know that you're not mad, you're not alone.

There are tips here on the site for managing and coping with your anxiety. And keep reading and posting here, it will help you.

Annie0904
11-11-13, 16:52
Hi Caroline, :welcome:

almamatters
11-11-13, 19:39
Hi :welcome: to the forum, sure you will find loads of help and support here.

EllyW
12-11-13, 21:30
If in a major panic now, put a record on that is upbeat. and sing like mad, loudly. you will probably have been hyperventilating for a while, and this will release the excess carbon dioxide. if poss wash up or fold laundry at same time. Something boring but reassuring.