PDA

View Full Version : Getting period before withdrawal week?

harasgenster
11-11-13, 11:51
I have come on my period a few days before my last pill before the withdrawal week. I know spotting can be normal, but this isn't spotting. This is a full-on period. I've been on these pills (Ovysmen) for over a year and never had breakthrough bleeding.

I've tried searching the internet but I can't seem to find anything on this. Has anyone had this before, and do you know what to do? Do you take your pills as normal or are you supposed to stop when the period comes? Bit concerned that my period will be long over for the last half of the withdrawal week. Will I still be protected from pregnancy during that time anyway?

Brunette
11-11-13, 12:26
Check with your doctor - you should usually carry on as normal but sometimes it can be a sign that this particular pill is no longer right for you.

I was on Cilest for several years before beginning to have trouble with the bleeds and my doctor just switched me to another brand. Had no more problems after that.

harasgenster
12-11-13, 16:10
Thanks, I think I'll drop down to the family planning clinic next week when I've got some time and just double check all is still ok :)

Cheers for the reply