PDA

View Full Version : End of the Weekend

Tanner40
11-11-13, 13:12
Today is the last day of my four day weekend. A bit of a rare holiday for me, as I rarely take vacation time. All in all, it's been a good weekend. A successful weekend with my HA and general anxiety. No major panic attacks at all and I am thankful.

I've played with my dogs and enjoyed the new kitten, Montana. Went to lunch with a friend. We did grocery shopping and fixed some wonderful meals. We even managed to sit down yesterday and put together a new financial budget without screaming, crying and gnashing of teeth. That was a major miracle. I could not have done that a month ago. My anxiety level and my defensiveness would have been sky high. My frustration and resentments would have overwhelmed me.

I'm thankful for the bit of recovery that I have began seeing over the last week or so. This is the beginning of my 4th week on citalopram and the mornings are still a bit rough for the first hour, but I have faith that they will get better.

My online CBT is moving a bit slow for me, as I am now on a week where I have to practice two things: 1) Spending 10 minutes each day doing something that I like to do, and 2) Spending 5 minutes being as nice to myself as I would to a friend who was having problems. I don't know why but this exercise seems like I'm not really doing much. I feel like I want to be moving faster. That's me though, always in a hurry and want to do it my way.

Thanks for reading the long post and for and good ideas on tackling my CBT assignments.

Andria24
11-11-13, 17:32
Tanner I'm glad that you've turned a corner and that you have, dare I say it, had an enjoyable few days. Hopefully you're on an upwards trajectory now and it won't be long before you really can say "no more panic!" :D

Tanner40
11-11-13, 19:37
Thanks Andria! It feels like an upward trajectory. I've been working hard and I really have enjoyed my last couple of days. I'm sure there will be rough times ahead but I can look back on the good days with a sense of hope.

Andria24
11-11-13, 19:57
I'm sure there will be rough times ahead but I can look back on the good days with a sense of hope.

Way to go tanner :yesyes: