PDA

View Full Version : I SAW FIREWORKS!!!!!!!!!!

Allie
05-11-06, 23:41
Hi all,

Part of my illness includes agoraphobia, which I am currently overcomming. Last 5th Nov I spent most of my time in my bedroom, flinching at every sound and bright light.

I'm absolutley ecstatic! A couple of hours ago I actually went out into the park and watched the various firework displays in my area for bonfire night!

I didn't go to an organised display, nor did I go alone (i'm not quite ready for that yet!), but I watched the explosions, the colours and listened to the sounds unflinchingly for 25 minutes, feeling full of emotion and happiness about being out in the fresh air (if you can called a bonfire smoke filled sky fresh air!). I stayed strong even when i felt panicky an unsupported (in the middle of a field with no walls or trees to hold onto when the dizziness begins) and saw it through!

I can't adequately describe how happy I was to be able to do this and just wanted to share this little piece of news with you.

Allie xXx

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

eeyorelover
05-11-06, 23:44
WAY TO GO ALLIE!!!!!!!
That is awesome and you should be so proud of yourself!!!!
xxx
Sandy

candie
05-11-06, 23:55
Hi Allie,

WELL DONE YOU,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

Take care and keep smiling...Candie xxxxxx

honeybee3939
06-11-06, 09:24
Thats great news Allie !

A BIG well done to you !, be proud of yourself !:D

Love

Andrea
xxx

LickeyEndBlues
06-11-06, 10:39
Brilliant Allie...that is really good to hear.

Not being a great lover of fireworks and lets face it it was a bit parky last night we hadf a virtual firework display in chat last night!! There were lots of ooohhs and aahhs!!

Well done kiddo

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

yorkylover
06-11-06, 13:40
[Yeah!][:P]Well done!!!!!!!!!!:)

Ellen XX

Southern_Belle
06-11-06, 16:25
Hi Allie,

Glad to hear you were able to go see the fireworks and stay even when you started to feel the panic coming on. You should feel so proud!

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

peabodyfreak
06-11-06, 17:26
Well done girl! You should be proud of yourself.

Last year I went to a bonfire night at a friends house thinking it would be fun, and got so anxious I spent the entire time in the front room of the house petrified of all the banging and flashing, so you're not silly for feeling fear of this. And you did a GREAT job at gritting down and going. Well done!

normalwisdom
06-11-06, 18:44
Well done Allie its nice to hear when people are doing well:D

Steph

Melxxx
06-11-06, 18:56
Well done Allie :D:D:D

I love reading these success story's glad you enjoyed the fireworks [Wow!] what a brilliant achievement good for you[Yeah!]

Mel xxx

heths
07-11-06, 14:34
That's great Allie, well done :D

Heather x

manmoor
07-11-06, 14:58
Hi Allie,

Well done you. Hope your pleased with yourself. xxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

jill
07-11-06, 14:59
[Wow!] Allie, what great news, WELL DONE [^]:D[8D]

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
08-11-06, 16:47
Allie

Well done you! What fab news.

It makes such a difference when we can do something like this isn't it.

Glad you had a good time.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Paddington
09-11-06, 14:43
OOH..AAH...ALLIE!!Fabulous news,you feel reborn dont ya?I did it too!![AFTER A WOBBLY START:) ]I LOOKED ROUND AND DRENCHED MYSELF IN THE NORMALITY OF IT ALL!!!SO HAPPY FOR YOU!Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore