PDA

View Full Version : Unholy Turmoil

kuzaki
05-11-06, 23:59
Hello everyone. I don't know about you but this thing I have is really wearing me out. I'm too scared to open up to anyone. I'm too scared to go to a doctor, I've not had a girlfriend in 5 years and I'm losing friends. I'm creative and have so many ambitions and ideas but my anxiety is keeping me locked up and unable to express myself. Please help. David

David

candie
06-11-06, 00:10
Hi David,

I do feel for you but you really should go and talk to your doc,you'll not be the first and you certainly wont be the last.

The thing about anxiety is that it tricks you into thinking its controlling you when really one thing you should never forget,is that YOU are the one in control.Anxiety and panic feed off fear,without it they cant survive...

Bite the bullet and go to the docs,they will be able to point you in the right direction and give you the help that you need.What is the worst that can happen..? It probably wont be half as bad as you think,we nutty people(lol) just think the worst of every situation,as you know.

Hope this has helped,take care and keep smiling...Candie xx

eeyorelover
06-11-06, 00:11
Hi David -
I'm sorry that you are having a rough time right now hun!!
Have you read any of the info on the main page of the site? There is alot of great info there that might help.
Please know that you are not alone in this and that there are people here that you can talk to.
xxx
Sandy

freakle
06-11-06, 13:00
Hi David,

Maybe you should try writing everything down and giving it to your doctor, you might find it easier.

Take care,

Zoe xx

To be pushed is unwillingness, to push yourself is courage

LickeyEndBlues
06-11-06, 13:45
Being scared is all part of it David. If you had broken your ankle you'd be straight off to the hospital.

You have an illness and it needs to be treated. Your GP is your first port of call, you will not be the first and you will not be the last they see...you might not even be th eonly one in th esurgery with the same difficulty.

There are some good ideas in here don't be afraid to try some of them....starting with making an appointment.

I can relate very much to what you have said here David.

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

GAD
07-11-06, 20:11
Hi David

I agree, i realy do think that you should bite the bullet and see the doc, it wont be as bad as you think and just think - the sooner you take these first steps the sooner your anxiety and quality of life will improve for the better!

Good luck

Michelle.

NPS_Paul
07-11-06, 21:03
David, my darkest moments came just before my full recovery from Agoraphobia. People told me i could have a girl friend, a job, money, etc. I just laughed i can't even leave my bedroom, i'm scared of every noise, i've been like this 8 years, how on earth can you dare say that to me!
They were right and i was wrong. That was 15 years ago. You can have it all, lets continue talking and work out how. Love to you David (my second son's name/ my middle name too).

Love to all members

fiona h
11-11-06, 09:41
hello there, i dont know that i can be of much help but the one thing i can honestly tell you is, that i do know how it feels, this is all fairly new to me, about 4 months now but already it feels like a life sentence

Lousy Hero
11-11-06, 11:27
One thing i found very difficult to accept was that i had a mental health illness. But, just as LickeyEndBlues said, its just that, an illness.

I hope you wouldnt be unwilling to go to the doctor if you had, as said above, a broken bone or a sore throat. Your, and many of ours, situation is just that. An illness. An Illness that can be treated.

If you can, go to your doctors, tell them about your situation. They really will help :)

Its is just the start, not the end by any means.

Religion? Communism? No, Love is the Opiate of the People

net
11-11-06, 18:17
it took me so long to go to the dr as i didnt think he could help me, i got diagnosed with clinical depression and have been on repeat prescription for 8 years cos i dont like going to dr
earlier this year i got worse and am now seeing a therapist at first i found it really difficult to talk to her but gradually i am getting used to it. the first time i took a friend in with me maybe you can do the same, especially if you have a close friend who you can trust with intimate knowledge. although you say you have problems opening up its the only way to start getting better i found i couldnt do it alone and internalising was only making things worse

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past