PDA

View Full Version : How it feels to come out of a blip

NoPoet
11-11-13, 19:00
Hi all. I wanted to create a positive thread to help myself and other people. Basically, I want people to explain how they know when they're coming out of a "blip" or a period of anxiety/depression etc, and what they feel when doing so. Think about everything you can that is positive.

I'm not going to list everything as I can go on for a long time, so here are the highlights of how I know when I'm coming through a difficult patch and how it feels.

* Immense sense of relief - like an inner tension I wasn't aware of has released - I usually feel this in my temples, but it can also be like the weight of the world has lifted.

* Almost immediate interest in the world - I hear birds singing, the wind blowing, people talking, music playing, I very quickly become interested in talking more to people and getting involved in banter.

* Feeling of recovery - belief returns that I can get better, I get a good perspective on the illness and my recovery, I feel well in mind and body - energy starts coming back and I don't feel quite so tired - it gives me the strength to work towards recovery.

* Sense of gratitude, joy, peace and calm as my obsessive thinking pattern starts to return to things I enjoy thinking about.

theharvestmouse
11-11-13, 19:36
I've just gone into a blip and it feels like I will never get out of it. I need to act now to stop it spiraling further.

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

Oh and by the way I can relate to those feelings of coming out the other side of a blip.

NoPoet
11-11-13, 19:39
Hi mate, even though you're in a blip, still think about how it feels to come out of one. Don't just write a dry list, actually recall the memories and feelings of getting over a blip and tell us a bit about how relieved and happy it makes you feel. :)

Tanner40
11-11-13, 19:53
Hi there Poet. Great topic. Reading other's positive experiences is such a huge help. The way that I've felt the last two days signifies the upward trend for me.

I can feel a smile on my face.

I see the beauty of the world without looking. A small kitten. Sunshine. The beautiful color of fall leaves. The feel of the breeze on my face. The sudden realization that the birds are chirping in the mornings.

Physical feelings that I slowly recognize are gone. My shoulders not hunched up in tension. The fact that I don't have a headache. Walking along briskly and realizing that I'm not dizzy.

An inner sense of peace and not worrying about when it will go away.