PDA

View Full Version : Arguing all day every day!

Kez_miller
11-11-13, 21:59
Hi guys has many of u will know I've been caring for my grandparents full time for four months now. But my grandma as become abusive. We don't no whether it's dementia or what but either way she is abusive to me and even though I break my back doing everything there's no appreciation. Now my concern is that every day because she is screaming and shouting at me from the moment I get out of bed till the moment she's asleep I'm going to end up do stressed that I end up with schizophrenia or some sort of horrible mental illness apart from anxiety. Thing is my grandad is soon to leave this world because he has had lung cancer. So I'm scared that all the stress of my nan. Coupled with my grandfathers soon to happen death really is gonna cause me to get schizophrenia or like I say one of the more vicious mental health issues. I'm 22 so surely it's still possible. It terrifies me! A couple of people have said I can't get it from this but I just can't shift it from my mind!

Hope someone can help. Thank u xx

MRS STRESS ED
11-11-13, 22:44
hi sorry to hear your having a tough time ,you need to get some help phone social services or aged concern see if they can get you some help ,seems a lot for you to cope with on your own ,you should also go and see your gp about your own concerns good luck hope you can get some help :)

Andria24
11-11-13, 22:47
Kez you're currently undergoing an extremely stressful situation. Add in the existing anxiety, turn the heat up a little bit and you've got a big old melting pot of fear and worry. I'm not surprised you've pegged yourself for a lifetime of mental health issue, honest :)

Look if it helps what I can tell you is that we're a remarkably resilient species when we embrace our environment and acknowledge what we can and cannot cope with. Break everything down into bite size chunks.

What can you off-load, what can you handle? Who can help, what resources do you require? What's your day to day routine, can you fit in some time that's all about you (maybe a relaxing hot bath at the end of everyday, one that allows you to destress and unwind before you fall into bed)? How's your diet, are you eating enough/regularly?

Are you with me? Plan, where you can, wing it where you can't and ensure that you and your needs are also taken care of. This is how we survive, this is how we 'get through' the hard times. You will manage this, I'm certain, and no, you won't up going nuttier than a fruitcake, honest :hugs: