PDA

View Full Version : Mirena fitting, how you feel afterwards

lrforge
12-11-13, 00:53
Hey all, I had the mirena done today. I have been in absolute knots getting this done, last night I didn't sleep and felt like throwing up this morning. All day I was SUPER anxious and couldn't calm down. Once I got to the clinic, BP was high which I knew it would be. I was dizzy and lightheaded afterward but I am wondering if that feeling continues through the night? I had this done at 5pm but I am going through waves of dizziness and panic. I am super tired (but I wonder if thats from being on edge all day). Any advice would be appreciated. Its making me panic because I feel off...

nomorepanic
12-11-13, 01:03
I had a hysteroscopy at the same time as having mine fitted and nearly passed out.

I felt bad afterwards - really sick. They had to lay me in a separate room with some water to drink as I was really hot.

Then I got home and found that the threads were hanging down too low so had to go to the doctor's and get them tucked up inside lol

I was also a bit crampy down there but it does settle down

lrforge
12-11-13, 01:30
Yeah I didn't like it. The cramping would be one thing, but the waves of ickiness sucks! Its just random bouts of it, granted its only been in for 2 hours...but when that happens it sends my panic into action. Like I feel like something bad will happen to me and it scares me.:weep:

Andria24
12-11-13, 06:55
Irforge - I'm on my second or third Mirena. I forget how many simply because I've used the coil since 1995 and one does try to dissociate oneself from what goes on below the belt :unsure:

Anyway - I'm one of the awkward people that has to create interesting and unusual shapes with their body in order that the doctor has any chance of first locating my cervix. The whole procedure is beyond ridiculous and don't get me started on the comfort levels ...

Post procedure - these things are a bit if a devil. Cramping can continue for a few days, as can low grade bleeding. Sickness well that tends to be due to the anxiety of having a refit rather than the coil being fitted or because it's in situ. I'm now 10 months into my last refit and mines still giving me a bit of hell. This is unusual however my doctor and I believe that it's my age - we were sat last week trying to work out if I was approach the menopause, or even in it.

Try not to be too worried by the sickness Iforge. It will be your anxiety rather than the coil. A few days down the line your body will be all dandy with it and, apart from your check up, you'll likely find it's a blessing :hugs:

lrforge
12-11-13, 13:35
Thank you for responding, that does help! I slept well last night but this morning my nerves are still anxious so I have the symptoms associated with that...it's just playing off one another more or less. I can't feel the strings so I will have to call them about that...

Thanks again!

Andria24
12-11-13, 16:52
Irforge I can't feel mine either. Not that I fish around up there. That's not my department :D - for the record one of my coils fell out. Like they do ... I had no idea, none. No discomfort, pain, nothing. It just came through and sat halfway out, stopped completely by my cervix.

Not that yours will (I'm an idiot, including my womb) - what I'm trying to say is that generally coils are awesome. And you and yours are fine :)