PDA

View Full Version : Woke up in a panic.

Kez_miller
12-11-13, 01:48
Hi guys, I posted a little earlier about the extreme stress I'm under right now. N just after that I fell asleep on the sofa, well my grandad woke me up to say they were going bed but he startled me when he woke me up, I drifted back into a sort of sleep. Now I woke up myself about ten minute later but was really disoriented. Like, I thought of things that were familiar but they scared me, I don't know why, it's hard to explain, it was like the room I was in was filled with memories but I was reliving them , very strange...anyway I started panicking I think and I ran to the kitchen for water and to splash it on my face, I have no idea what happened but I felt like I was about to die or I was about to go crazy, except I was In no pain, no hyperventilating that I was aware of, just extremely disturbed or panicked by something, can anyone shed any light, is this caused by stress or what? It was horrible and felt so different to previous attacks..

Andria24
12-11-13, 08:20
Kez being half asleep is disorientating in itself. I get the odd half-wakeful where-the-hell-am-I moment. I don't let it bother me because I know my poor old mind is bridging the gap between fully conscious and spark out, so I figure it's a bit confusing full stop.

Try not to over think the experience, you're fine and well. Just try to ensure that you're in your bed when your ready for a nights sleep in future. Hope you're feeling better :)