PDA

View Full Version : Its back

Silly Blonde
06-11-06, 09:03
Hi all

I haven't been here for a while as I have been feeling quite good. Sods law, just as I thought I was ok, my physical symptoms have raced back.

Got this horrible pain between my shoulder blades - I thought it was acid reflux that has burned my oesophagus - but I really don't know. Stomach pains are also back, but never at the same time - that makes me worry 'cos I imagine that I have a huge tumour growing inside me that presses on different bits depending on where it is.

I just wish this would all go away - I hate it that it comes back and bites you on the bum - just when you're feeling great:(

lass
06-11-06, 13:14
I know how you feel. I thought I was "recovering" really well, then it all came back. Just try to think of this as a little blip to test your coping skills.

I'm sure your physical symptoms are all anxiety-related. My latest "coping" strategy is to try and set a date by when I will allow myself to start worrying about my symptoms - be it 2 days, 4 days, a week or whatever. Then by the time my deadline comes along, the original symptoms have gone but I'll be stressing about something else!

Hope you're feeling better soon

xx

yorkylover
06-11-06, 13:20
Hi there your symptoms sound very familiar to me and mine are all due to anxiety.Try not to worry,easier said than done I know!!!!I really dont think its a tumour,I used to think like you to.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

Silly Blonde
06-11-06, 14:01
Thanks both,

I've been soooo busy at work over the last few weeks, and a really close friend of mine left a week ago. I have been feeling great - yet the minute she left........bingo..........back came the heartburn type crampy pain in my upper back, with all the IBS stuff. I guess that should tell me everything!!!!

I keep telling myself that in April I had a pelvic ultrasound and it was fine (no sign of anything at all anywhere near my ovaries) and I had a blood test a couple of months ago (iron, thyroid and full blood count) and that was clear too! So I guess I'm as healthy as I can be!

I really MUST start exercising - I'm sure all my aches and pains will disappear if I got off my larger (thanks to mirtazapine) ar*e and did something!!!!

Thanks again!!