PDA

View Full Version : feeling extremely nervous around boys, men, anything male lol

eastofeden
12-11-13, 09:43

theharvestmouse
12-11-13, 16:00
You sound like a female version of me, but then you'd be surprised how many people struggle around the opposite sex. It's not uncommon at all.

By the sound of it you have some self esteem issues that you could look at dealing with. It's a bi of a cliche but I think unless you love yourself and accept who you are and are happy with yourself then it's difficult to form relationships.

Maybe look at doing something that could help with building your confidence and self esteem? I'm not sure what but exercise or learning something can help.

vince1
13-11-13, 20:42
Yeah i'm like this with females too, i go bright red even if it's someone i'm just talking too let alone if i find them attractive. I have that voice in my head the whole time thinking that the person i'm talking too id judging everything about me. Looks, the way i talk, sound of my voice, volume of my voice.

Anna81
27-11-13, 20:44
HI,

I have the same problems with guys, my dad was also alcoholic and left my mum when i was 5 years old, so I hardly remember him. I usually get attracted to much older men and I easily got attached to these bad ones, they didn't treat me well. I went to psychotherapist and she said I have a "grown up child of alcoholic syndrome" + low self esteem. I read a good book about this problem, unfortunately there is no remedy for this.