PDA

View Full Version : Back To Work Anxiety

Tanner40
12-11-13, 12:18
Good Morning to everyone. I've had the last four days off work and have had some really calm and enjoyable days. It has felt so good to not be anxious for the majority of the day. It's felt so good to feel close to calm.

I woke up this morning to very cold weather and snow on the ground. I woke up this morning worrying about everything that I have to do at work and of course, I woke up to anxiety. I just feel depressed, as I don't want to wake up feeling this way. I've written in my journal and tried to put the "lie" to my automatic thoughts. My mind keeps going a bit in circles and it makes it difficult to think.

I'm afraid that I'm going to have an accident on snow slackened roads. My tires on my car aren't in very good shape and need to be replaced. It seems that there is often something to worry about and sometimes it is a legitimate worry.

I was just so happy not worrying for four days, so this has got be a bit dejected. I don't mean to be complaining. Just needed to post and get it out of my head. I'm certain that the day will be what I make it and I will try to make it good.

Fishmanpa
12-11-13, 12:22
I'm certain that the day will be what I make it and I will try to make it good.

Hang onto some of the stuff you've been doing the last 4 days and apply it now. You can and WILL do it!

Positive thoughts and prayers

Tanner40
12-11-13, 12:26
Thanks Fishmanpa! That's exactly what I've been trying to do this morning. I've calmed down and I hope to have a good day. I can't control the weather but I can control my reaction to it. I appreciate your reply.

Tanner40
12-11-13, 22:00
Well, work is over and I made it through that part of my day. It wasn't the best day but I'm thankful that I was productive and got through several work projects. I had a few laughs with my employees and at times managed to forget me anxiety. For that I'm thankful.
I've been nauseous off and on, with aching arms and internal jitteriness. But it hasn't killed me yet and I doubt it's likely. I am home now, reminding myself of all the times that I have felt nauseous and shaky before. I know that it will be okay.
I am going to try and answer some posts and concentrate on folks that are having a worse time than I am. That will make me feel good. There have been many people on this site that have tried to help me, even when they were having a not so good day. I am going to try and remain positive and pay it forward.