PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my sons eyes!

BumbleGirl
12-11-13, 20:48
Hello,

Please bear with me because I need to talk about my cat to get to the actual thing I'm worried about!
My cat went to the vet yesterday and she has cystitis which is making her wee in random places. She had treatment but the vet said she may have to go back in a few days if it hasn't worked.
Anyway I am living with my mum at the moment and I have a 7 year old. This evening my mum left a towel on the floor in the corner of the bathroom and the cat must have weed on it. My son got in the bath and then when I went to check on him he had used the towel to dry his eyes!
I'm really freaking out now worrying that it could damage his eye. I rinsed his eyes as much as he would let me with clean, warm water but I am really scared. Should I ring nhsdirect or will they think I'm a looney? Obviously its not definite that he wiped his eyes with the bit that had cat wee on it but its possible.
Please help! xx

Annie0904
12-11-13, 20:56
If it was going to affect them they would be stinging by now. I think if he had put it up to face he would have smelt it anyway and at his age would not have used it.

Fishmanpa
12-11-13, 21:00
If he's not in any distress I wouldn't worry. All urine (and especially cat urine) contains ammonia which is an irritant but unless he was hit directly (which he wasn't), he should be fine :)

BumbleGirl
12-11-13, 21:06
Hi thanks for replies. He said he did use it though because he said his nose is blocked so he didn't smell it. The towel wasn't soaked with urine but she had definitely gone on it because it was a bit damp in places and I could smell it xx