PDA

View Full Version : My girlfriend just dumped me!

NoPoet
12-11-13, 21:38
FFS. At least this means I'll be able to watch Atlantis on a Saturday night with my family, which with no disrespect to my family, makes me feel like I just won Bully's Special Prize. "Here, for all your effort, is a night in front of the telly! Better not lose it among the 3,000 you've already had!"

Mind you, I'd much rather have a night in with my kindred than win one of the horrible special prizes they used to give out on Bullseye. "And Bully's special prize, a crappy Morris Marina that you could have bought yourself if you'd got twenty quid spare!"

Anyway, it's not like I didn't see it coming. She lives an incredibly busy life, she works all hours and she's got a 6 year old daughter, who in an act which now seems ironic I said I would one day want to be a father figure to.

We're staying in touch as friends.

Col
12-11-13, 21:43
:hugs: you seem to be taking it very well. Thinking of u.

theharvestmouse
12-11-13, 21:53
Sorry to hear that Poet, if you are staying in touch as friends then it shows she must still care about you.

Tanner40
12-11-13, 22:09
Sorry to hear about the girlfriend, Poet. I've had similar things happen and it's always disconcerting. Focus on your recovery and the great work that you're doing in therapy right now. Maybe it's the universe's way of telling you to make yourself your number one priority right now. Take care!

Tessar
12-11-13, 22:17
Sorry 2hear this poet. Sending u hugs ........ x

Broken-doll
12-11-13, 22:21
I know it's difficult at the mo but try and see it as a positive! You're taking steps with the therapy and it's an opportunity for a fresh start. A fresh start with everything! New doors will open, it's actually a good thing, absolutely no point in staying in a relationship that's not working for both individuals. Oh and you've not lost your sense of humour....extra bonus!! X

MRS STRESS ED
12-11-13, 22:25
its good you can stay friends ,but im sorry to hear this :hugs:

Daisy Sue
12-11-13, 22:42
Sorry to hear that :(

Fishmanpa
12-11-13, 22:43
You appear to have a good attitude about it. The demise of a relationship is difficult but as you said, you saw the warning signs. I was on my own very a long time after my divorce sans dating and a few short term relationships. To be honest, it was actually a relief at times when they ended and I rather liked coming and going when I pleased and doing what I wanted when I wanted without having to answer to anyone ;)

Enjoy the freedom....

debs71
12-11-13, 22:56
Sorry to hear about that, PP.:hugs:

Andria24
13-11-13, 05:27
My best Poet. I know the end of a relationship's pretty tough, even when we're accepting of it. Hope you're feeling better PDQ :hugs:

Rennie1989
13-11-13, 10:30
Sorry to hear about the breakup. But it's good to hear that you're keeping in touch. I'd say to cut ties for a few weeks, just so you can both settle into your lives without each other, and then talk on a friends basis.

I've been meaning to watch Atlantis, any good?

NoPoet
14-11-13, 21:22
Hi everyone! Wow, I'm overwhelmed by your support, thank you all x I'm ok about the breakup, I'd be more upset if I wasn't dealing with anxiety, but part of me is glad to be single even though I'll miss Kate.

Atlantis is good, but it's no match for Merlin. Atlantis is building up slowly and not really telling us much about what's going to happen but I like the characters. Merlin hit the ground running and just got more awesome as it went.