PDA

View Full Version : IBS ?

djm
06-11-06, 11:46
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me, I am really worrying.

I tend to have been getting the following symptoms over the last few weeks :

A non descript dull pain in my right side, under the rib cage, which varies in severity and exact location, a pain on and off at the 'tip' of my right shoulder, a centralised back pain on and off and a headache at the back left side of my head, almost the neck area. Soft or runny stools.

Took 400mg Ibruprofen this morning and the pain and headache have eased (though still there).

Does this sound like it could be IBS ? Are any/all of these symptoms common with IBS ? What are common symptoms of IBS ?

Thanks for any reassurance.

Dave

LickeyEndBlues
06-11-06, 12:33
Best bet is the GP Dave but..........

some of what you describe sounds like muscular tension to me with a bit of tummy upset thrown in for good measure.

A few years ago I had a back injury which resulted in me seeing a sports physio. In th eprocess of his investigation into my injury he asked if I suffered from tension knots and headaches...yes I replied and he said here...yes, here...yes here...yes. As well as treating my injury I booked in for a series of deep tissue back and neck massage and it cleared symptoms for years.

Currently I am getting loads of tension headaches and nothing seems to shift them!!!

As far as stomach is concerned it sounds a little like your general anxiety is effecting your bowels...a natural if unpleasant reaction. My wife and I both pretty much eat and drink exactly the same and both are very different in the stool department so to speak(not that we compare all the time mind!!!!!) I went to the docs a while ago and we explored IBS...i had very much a bloated feeling and was off my food. I don't think it was IBS although some of the symptoms matched.

A search of IBS will give you more information that you could ever digest!!

Best bet....check with gP

Cheers
Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

piglits pal
06-11-06, 13:22
General anxiety will make your bowels loose - it's a natural "fight or flight" reaction - clear the bowels to make you lighter for the fight.

The other stuff sounds like tension related symptoms, especially if you're not getting them all at once. If they persist then see your gp to put your mind at rest. :D

dnf03
06-11-06, 16:43
your symptoms are the same as mine
soft stool(i have had that for about 2 months now)
seeing the doctor next week

nomorepanic
06-11-06, 21:08
Try this on the website

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=ibs)

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

vernon
07-11-06, 00:40
I had a barium enema and a sygmoidoscopy and I now know I suffer IBS. Most of your symptoms don’t sound like IBS to me, its sounds more like a lot of muscle pains you get with anxiety, I have been there so many times and you can feel so bad and down with aches pains and feeling really ill and dread the day ahead. You might have IBS but you defiantly got other muscle aches and pains to. Take care. Vernon