PDA

View Full Version : a mission to McDonalds

imported_n/a
10-07-04, 22:35
hi guys,,

[Oops!]i havent posted for a while,,,

i need your help and support with this one,,

i am on a deaparate MISSION to McDonalds can you help!!!!!

[8D] i am ABSOLUTLY ""DESPARATE"" for a BIG MAC with LARGE FRIES,,,

i havent been to McDonalds for at least 2 years and i was quite a regular since all these problems i havent been able to get there,,[Sigh...]

my McDonalds is about 3 miles away i can almost smell it,,

could the thought of a BIG MAC and FRIES cure me[Ugh],,

i do hope so,,,

please help,,,;););)

""HAPPINESS IS ALWAYS THERE UNDERNEATH THE ANGER AND DESPAIR""

xxxxdarrenxxxx

sal
10-07-04, 22:41
Nice one,

But thought you would wine and dine me better than that!!!!!!

You can make it, you got to the hospital so you can get there, trust me!!

Love Sal xxxx[:P]

seh1980
10-07-04, 22:51
hello Mr. Bartman,

the ole McDonald's craving, huh? and I thought you were a gentleman!! Mate...just walk out your front door and tell yourself that you are walking to McDonalds to get a Big Mac and fries - there's no choice in the matter...you're just doing it. you'll get there...good luck!!

Sarah (seh1980):D

Meg
10-07-04, 23:16
It will be quicker on your bike than going to the hospital ..

How is Mum ?

Meg

Caz Fab Pants
13-07-04, 14:24
I completely understand this one because I too love Mcd's and haven't been to our local one for about a year. It was the first place we went when I came out of hospital after having my second son :D

The reason I find it hard to go to our's is because it means going onto the A1 and then getting home means I have to continue up the A1 in the opposite direction I want to go in. Then around the round about and back down the A1 again. Trouble is I know that once I've turned onto the A1 there is no going back or turning round, I simply HAVE to continue whether I go to Mcdonalds or not in order to get to the round about.

I worry about there being traffic jams and road works or even an accident which holds everyone up. Even when I pull in to get the much needed Big Mac I have to toss the idea around in my head whether I'm brave enough to eat in (doubtful) or brave enough to drive around the drive thru which again cant be escaped from once you've turned onto it.
The most likely idea being I will park up, walk in to get the food and jump in the car, race home and hope that a luke warm Mcdonalds is better than nothing [:I]

Oh I'm such an optimist, NOT!!!!

Tell you what Darren, if you do it, I'll do it. Hows that for incentive!!?

Caroline
x

sarah
13-07-04, 14:50
Hiya caz

Im guessing you live near St Neots as I think I remember you saying you live near Nic?

My husbands cousin used to live in St Neots and i always was amazed when we went to stay as to how far it was to the nearest maccy d's. Its not far but you have to go a b***** long way round dont you???

Darren

I think in the end your longing fo one will overtake your fear of getting there. mine did :). Its just fortunate ive got no money or I would be the size of a house by now..my nearest one is about a mile away...lol

love sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Caz Fab Pants
13-07-04, 14:59
Sarah,

Yes I'm in St. Neots and wish we had a Mcd's or Burger King in town but no such luck. Have to drive to Wyboston to get one :(

Luckily we do have great take out here, chinese, pizza etc which all deliver so I take full advantage of those which is terribly lazy as I only live minutes from all of them [:I]

Fortunately the fact that I'm a complete worry wart means I burn off calories with my nervous energy and dont have to fret too much about my weight.

So where do you live Sarah?

Caroline
x

sarah
13-07-04, 15:12
Hiya Caz

Ohh ive spent many a drunken evening staggering round St Neots town centre...lol. Fortunately for me, Steves cousin has moved to the end of my road when he split from his fiance so I dont have to travel up there too often anymore (except to visit various members of family...lol) He is a city boy at heart and didnt have enough to do up there so wanted to be near London....silly boy...lol

Im in Surrey - nearish to epsom.

love sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

imported_n/a
13-07-04, 18:08
hi guys,,,

thank you all for your replys on this one,,,

i thought it would be close to most of our hearts,,,(i love McDonalds so much)

well like sarah said the longing for one is going to overtake the fear,,,i am going this weekend,,NOTHINGS GONNA STOP ME LOL,,

hey who knows i may even take a dip in the BALL POOL ;LOL.,

i will let you know how it goes ,,thanks again,,,

MEG,,thanks for asking about mum,,,
she is doing really well after only 7 weeks she is walking with only 1 walking stick now and she is cooking and shopping and MOANING again lol,,yeah she is doing fine thanks meg,,,

xxx

xxxxdarrenxxxx

Caz Fab Pants
16-07-04, 18:56
I have a confession to make.

I've cheated [:I] My partner finishes work early on a friday and rang me on his way home to ask if I fancied..., wait for it..., a Mcdonalds for lunch. Of course I jumped at the chance and had the full works including a Dream Mcflurry [:o)]

I was going to stop myself having one until I managed to drive there and get it myself but I crumbled and gave in at the first hint of a Big Mac meal.

However, on the positive side, to compensate for this slip up I got on the phone and re-registered with my dentist and have booked an appointment for the whole family on 16th September.

Hoping by then I will be able to stroll confidently into the building, flick aimlessly and calmly through magazines as I sit in the waiting room and then slide comfortably onto the dentist chair without a sniff of anxiety.

In reality I will be content with getting there and sitting through the appointment without going into full blown panic, after all I'll have both kids with me and dont want them to be fearful of visiting the dentist.

Caroline
x

imported_n/a
16-07-04, 19:57
hi caz,,

so sorry i read your post wrong there,,
i thought you said you had cheated on your partner LOL,,,

hey what McDonalds can do to a person,,
aw wow you are so lucky been able to taste the mmmmmmmmmm ,,dream Mcflurry,,oh what i would give,,

hey i am so sure you will be so so COOL at the dentists,,,i dislike them like most i guess,,but if you have to go you have to go,,

and you are right you dont really want to put your fears into your children,,,truly admireable,,,

thanks caz,,,

xxx

xxxxdarrenxxxx

nomorepanic
17-07-04, 15:02
I don't like McD's

I love BK though!! oh and KFC!

Did you get there today Darren? Tell all.

Nicola