PDA

View Full Version : ladies - long periods?

cattia
13-11-13, 07:40
Since my periods came back after having my children, they have been longer than seven days. They sometimes stop after three days then start again for a few days. This month I am on day six and no sign of it letting up. Like an idiot I googled it (thought it would be a hormone imbalance or something) and every single result said periods over seven days can mean cancer so now I'm freaking out of course, especially as I have had back pain with my periods. I am seeing my own doctor but not for another two weeks as its impossible to get an appointment. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Andria24
13-11-13, 08:42
I do. After the birth of my fourth child. You'll find it's hormonal. Don't focus on the worst case scenario, as this type of issue is usually the female body buggering about :)

I was put onto a course of Norithisterone. It's a hormone. For me it didn't work so then I was advised to consider using an IUD. I did and have never looked back. You'll be fine :hugs:

cattia
13-11-13, 08:48
Thank you, I guess hormonal reasons are logically the most likely at my age (36). We are thinking if having a third child which is why I haven't gone on any birth control. If we decide that's what we are going yo do then after that I will definitely do whatever it takes to get my pesky hormones sorted. I've had trouble with periods and PMS my whole life one way or another, and not having periods when I was pregnant and breastfeeding was the best thing ever!!