PDA

View Full Version : think its back (sorry long post)

loulou
06-11-06, 12:01
hi all,

In the passed ive suffered from depression and anxiety the depression comes and goes the anxiety is there all the time (not when im at home but if i go out)... Ive always been a nervous person and when i was young i felt some of the feelings i get now when im depressed but didnt know what they was at the time. but i got really bad about 8 years go my mum and dad went through a really bad stage and i saw alot that i shouldnt have seen. it got better and i just had my own issues to deal with i was on prozac for about 4 years and had therapy (and im still only 24 lol) i came of the prozac in feb this year and seemed to be getting on ok ive avhieved a lot this year coming of the prozac was one ive quit smoking passed my driving test and completed a 38 mile walk for charity. all seemd ok i still dont go out that much but having been getting better. then a few weeks ago i was talking to my aunt (who im very close to) and she said a few things that played on my mind she said im just existing not living and that i need to move out and stand on my own feet becuse my mum and dad are just going to drag me down (my mum drinks a lot and we argue a lot) and since then ive felt relly down ive not been sleeping and now have that sicky feeling in my chest friday was a bad night i was in bed shaking feel like im going mad. i feel so unhappy with my life dont get me wrong i have a lovely family (not exctly normal but hey ho) i have a good job in the city. but i feel so unhappy im scared im gonna be like this for ever. feel people all think look at her 24 and dont have a life scared im going to be an old spinster. Im scared im always gonna suffer with depression i feel selfish because im healthy so should be greatful but i feel really alone and unloved. I feel like everyone is gettin on with their life and im just staying in the same place. Sorry this is a long and bit of a life story but need to get it of my chest.

Lisa

piglits pal
06-11-06, 12:26
Stupid Aunt!!! :(

Sorry I know you say you're close but how dare someone bring you down like that. Look at what you've done over the past year. You've come an incredibly long way. That is amazing progress in a short time. It's not all going to be moonlight and roses just yet because you've still got some work to be done. But for crying out loud you're only 24. Myself and my 2 brothers were still living with our parents well beyond that age.

Just look at all the positives you've done in the past year. That will tell you what way you're going. And it certainly ain't down.:D

yorkylover
06-11-06, 13:30
hi Lisa,you have come a very long way pet,and you should be proud of your self.Im 40 very very soon and Im still living at home.I would love to pass my driving test,you lucky girl.I argue with my mum, my brothers an alcoholic,we certainly dont have a normal family,but then who does.All families have problems.
You may still need your meds for depression,I had to go back on mine recently.You have done really really well,be proud of your self.Take what your aunt said with a pinch of salt.Us anxiety sufferers seem to take things to heart,I always do.
take care;)

Ellen XX

hayles
06-11-06, 15:51
I know what you are saying, i feel sometimes similar.
About just exisitng and not actually enjoying myself.
But you have achieved a hell of a lot in th last year.
So be proud of yourself and give yourself a break.

Chin up xx

Hay x

bev
06-11-06, 21:20
hi you sound just like me, im well now but who knows how long that will last. even when we are better we know it can come back at any time so we always have are guards up. my sister my mum ect are always saying to me why have you got anxiety depression, and i feel like saying to them well if i had a choice i wouldnt have it would i. i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. go knows why i get this as i have got a good life great partner nice house ect but i still suffer bouts of anxiety. i thinks its because i think a lot and i always want everything done to perfection and if its not going like that i beat myself up.

b.barnes