PDA

View Full Version : Throat Mucus

Soozarna
13-11-13, 10:00
After a series of colds and a sinus problem I have a fear of throat mucus. Its seems to coat my throat and I cannot move it and fear choking. Gradually over a few months its crushed my life. I dont want to go out and if I do the mucus seems to be worse and I just return home. I always have a moment of panic at least twice a day when I think its coming and my heart races leaving me feeling wrecked. Been offered Citalopram but afraid to take it. At my wits end !

Fishmanpa
13-11-13, 12:04
You wanna talk mucous? Well lemme tell you about mucous! Try 30 radiation treatments to your head and neck area and talk to me about mucous! I could have taken out stock in the Kleenex company with the amount of tissue I used to spit it out! Still, 7 months post treatment, I cough up lugies worthy of a trophy! ~lol~

There are some over the counter remedies that can help. I don't know if you have it there but Mucinex helped me. Give it a try if you can get it. Otherwise, a pocket full of tissue does the trick ;)

Definitely speak to your doctor about therapy, CBT and meds to help control your anxiety. Life's too short to live it in worry.

Good Luck!

Amandala
13-11-13, 12:56
lol Fishmanpa!

I get the same thing all the time! I hate rainy days because it is always worse! I always think I am going to choke and I think I can't swallow and then I can't eat...sometimes on really bad days I think the flutter of mucus in my throat is actually heart palps...after all these years I've never choked and my heart is fine.

Its mucus, you wont choke, I promise. I use prescription nasal spray and that seems to help a lot :)

Amanda

Soozarna
14-11-13, 09:44
Thanks everyone. Trying to come to terms with it.:)