PDA

View Full Version : SEVERE Anxiety help immediate?...

peter245
13-11-13, 15:15
hello guys''
posted a few questions a few days ago check it out
i have generalized anxiety
my worry is if my mum has a stroke asleep
her door is closed every night what if i see her dead''
im also having False believe that im hearing voices when im not
this happens Always at 2 am
i get extreme paranoia
and it feels like i can hear stuff whisper
when really its my fridge and the electrical cords
it freaks me out i feel so scared i go to sleep
i think its all in my head''
it feels like im creating false voices
not the real loud schizophrenia itself
anyway my worry is my mum and the possibility of a stroke,

debs71
13-11-13, 15:37
Peter, are you being treated for you GA?

These things you describe smack to me of high anxiety symptoms. I have had similar things myself, but when my anxiety has been at its peak, and not well controlled as yet, in other words before treatment started, or at the initial stages of taking meds.

If you are taking meds, what and for how long? Are you receiving any therapy/counselling?

Really weird and scary symptoms can emerge with GA. I remember when I first was ill with it I thought I could see things in the wallpaper (yes.....TOTALLY bizarre) or I would get fixated on the fact I was coughing too much/sniffing too much...such weird stuff. I would also worry sick about my family (as you do with your Mum) or just worry about everything in general.

This is ALL normal for high anxiety.

The fact that you recognise the symptoms as being a concern, particularly the ' false voices' you hear, means you are NOT genuinely schizophrenic as people who are do not question these things, as for them it is normal. You are just very anxious.

The fact you also call them 'false' voices means you know that they are not a reality, just a scary symptom of your anxiety.

Have you discussed any of this/or are able to with your doctor? You can get help with this.

Rennie1989
13-11-13, 16:10
It sounds like you're going through high anxiety. My recommendation is to see a doctor and ask for some help, what ever form it comes it. Sounds like you need help reining it in a bit.