PDA

View Full Version : Effects wear off in the afternoon?

Skakitty
13-11-13, 15:35
Hiya,

I've just started taking Pregabalin this week (took first dose on 9th November) and there is a really notable difference for me around 2/3pm where I feel it is 'wearing off'? currently typing this my anxiety levels have skyrocketed and my shaking hands are back to where they were before I started taking this (It really calmed them down)

At the moment i'm on a gradual increase and this week is one dose in the morning, one in the evening.

has anyone else experienced this? should I take my evening dose now?

Thanks!

xx

SarahH
13-11-13, 15:53
Hi Skakitty,

You dont say what dose of pregabalin you are on. It sounds to me like you are not on a big enough dose. Also some people start off by taking the dose split into 3 e.g. 300 daily dose split into 3x100mgs morning, lunch and bed. This can help reduce side effects initially aswell.

Sarah

Skakitty
13-11-13, 16:17
Thanks for the reply :)

I have just looked at my dose and it's only 25mg per tablet so only 50mg a day. I'm also taking 100mg of Sertraline.

It looks like my docs plan is to increase to 2 x 25 morning doses and 1 x 25 evening dose over the next 3 weeks.

I might be experiencing side effects from the pregablin prehaps?

I'm gonna take a diazapam and lie down :unsure:

SarahH
13-11-13, 16:23
The thing is each person is different re required doseage of pregabalin. So starting off on a low dose is fine.

Have a good nap:)