PDA

View Full Version : Twitching in Upper Arm

milkcarton
13-11-13, 18:10
Hey,

Has anyone had twitching in your upper arm? Mine keeps twitching today and it is really worrying me, I can see the arm of my jumper move with the twitches :(

Fishmanpa
13-11-13, 18:13
Hi Milkcarton,

Not unusual. Actually, twitches are a typical symptom of anxiety (by the Symptoms link on the left). Heck, I don't suffer with HA and I get them! (probably a side effect of cancer treatment...joy joy right?) Just had one in my left thumb muscle off and on for the last week and I could see it too! It finally went away. I have no idea why or what but it was obviously harmless :)

Good Luck!

milkcarton
13-11-13, 18:22
Thanks Fishmanpa!

I have been really anxious over the past 2 days, I am hoping it's nothing sinister and probably to do with that.

Wishing you all the best with the Cancer Treatment, you're such a strong person to go through it and I hope everything works out.

Milk x

almamatters
13-11-13, 18:42
Like Fishmanpa says twitching is a common symptoms of anxiety, I get it arms, legs in fact all over the place! It is definitely worse if you focus on it. Not a nice sensation really , but harmless.

Fishmanpa
13-11-13, 18:52
It's all good MilkC....

I'm 7 months post treatment... getting better slowly but surely :) What you're experiencing is not sinister, it's a biological reaction to the stress you're under. If you're not already doing so, seek some help with your anxiety in the form of therapy, CBT, meds or a combination thereof. Many here have done incredibly well getting a grip on the beast!

Good luck!