PDA

View Full Version : Flea spray poison worries !

Sar89
13-11-13, 18:28
Ok so my new worry is my sister came to stay with her dog for a week which kindly brought fleas to my nice clean home ... Not an infestation but defiantly enough to give me 3 bites so today I purchased a massive can of johnsons household flea spray after washing bedding ect ... Sprayed all fabric surfaces of home holding breath then running to front door or nearest window for breath of air. Ripped couch out cushion by cushion and arm chair an sprayed each cushion individually and mattress and quilts ect ... Left home for 3 hrs it says on can leave for 30 mins then vacuum Iv vacuumed thoroughly I think. Now I can still smell the flea spray on couch and stairs and I'm worried I'm poisoning us with the fumes an I'm going to kill us tonight whilst we sleep from breathing in poisonous fumes :-((( I feel quite poorly like shivery and weird and I'm really scared now ... Any advice anyone ?

katesa
13-11-13, 18:31
If it was so poisonous that it would kill you all tonight, they wouldn't be allowed to sell it chick. It's not nice stuff and can make us feel a bit ill (as a cat owner, I use the stuff often and I know it's icky) but it will only kill the fleas

Fishmanpa
13-11-13, 18:59
Ok so my new worry is my sister came to stay with her dog for a week which kindly brought fleas to my nice clean home ... Not an infestation but defiantly enough to give me 3 bites so today I purchased a massive can of johnsons household flea spray after washing bedding ect ... Sprayed all fabric surfaces of home holding breath then running to front door or nearest window for breath of air. Ripped couch out cushion by cushion and arm chair an sprayed each cushion individually and mattress and quilts ect ... Left home for 3 hrs it says on can leave for 30 mins then vacuum Iv vacuumed thoroughly I think. Now I can still smell the flea spray on couch and stairs and I'm worried I'm poisoning us with the fumes an I'm going to kill us tonight whilst we sleep from breathing in poisonous fumes :-((( I feel quite poorly like shivery and weird and I'm really scared now ... Any advice anyone ?

You're going to smell the remnants of the fumes, that's perfectly normal. Being that you left the house for 6X the recommended time and vacuumed thoroughly as directed, I think you can relax a bit :) Unfortunately, the fate of the fleas isn't as positive but I don't think you'll be too worried about them ;)

vicki1980
13-11-13, 19:06
Your right to be worried i would be too, a person can have allergic reactions to anything and they can kill you.

Sar89
13-11-13, 19:13
Your right to be worried i would be too, a person can have allergic reactions to anything and they can kill you.

Absolutely terrified now :-( ..... Fishmanpa u always make me laugh! An thankyou first person that commented I can't believe her dog brought fleas to my house! He actually used to be my dog (never had fleas then) so my sister said in a roundabout way this is my fault lol

vicki1980
13-11-13, 19:35
Yes but look at it this way, the chances of it happening to you are about the same as winning the lottery.