PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel after a panic attack?

Kez_miller
13-11-13, 19:06
Hi guys, I'm just wondering if anyone else feels heightened anxiety up to a few days after a panic attack? I had one two days ago. Wasn't huge, but since then my anxiety is through the roof even two-three days later? Anyone else feel like this?

Katty1303
13-11-13, 19:10
Yes I do. I get panic attacks in the night very often and if feel completely out of sorts the next day and even up to 3 days til I feel a little better. Sending hugs :hugs:

debs71
13-11-13, 20:12
Yes, definitely.

I think it is two things. Firstly, a hangover from the anxiety that cause the attack, and secondly, feeling anxious because I have had another attack, and worrying about the possible next one.

Sometimes though, I do find my anxiety is BETTER after an attack, as it is almost like a release of the anxiety that has built up to that point....weird.

Sar89
13-11-13, 20:21
After a panic attack ... I feel physically drained, weak and tired literally after i had one would fall asleep. I think it's just the fact your whole body has been knackered out from all the action going on inside it and maybe your minds tired from all goings on so needs a sleep to recuperate.

skippy66
13-11-13, 20:31
I used to feel great after a panic attack. During a panic attack I didn't think there would be an 'after the panic attack', as I was convinced I was having a heart attack.

Sar89
13-11-13, 20:44
I used to feel great after a panic attack. During a panic attack I didn't think there would be an 'after the panic attack', as I was convinced I was having a heart attack.

Ahhh the ohhh s**t Im having a heart attack feeling!!! Panic attacks are such sneaky buggers the way the mimic cardiac arrest :-/