PDA

View Full Version : Infection after op

willous1
13-11-13, 19:27
Hi all,

As many of you know I had a hernia op last Monday. My HA went through the roof but have worked hard to take my mind of things and feeling a bit better. Lost a lot to HA and have to move forward but wanted to ask a question to see if someone can answer with logic I don't always have ha. My op was done just above my leg and is healing well. I can take bandage off tommorow. However on the inside of my leg at the top the skin is hurting although it's not red. It's like when I have had chapped skin there before but it's red. It's a small area which looks normal and not on the site of op but near. I have had night sweats which for me are normal and I lean this leg on the other. Is it worth getting checked for infection or does it just not sound like one. Nothing on google

debs71
13-11-13, 19:34
It doesn't sound like infection to me. These type of sore patches can occur, especially through excess sweating, or from dry skin, not drying properly after bathing, friction, a million reasons.

Since you mention you have had chapped skin before, it sounds more to do with dry skin soreness/dermatis type thing going on.

I have had a similar thing lately. I developed a very sore and rubbed/chapped skin patch on my inner thigh from my underwear rubbing. I changed my undies to looser ones and started putting some Sudocrem on the spot for several days. It worked brilliantly.

Have you had any other sore patches before? I suffer from dermatitis and get weird, red patches regularly. I use some Eumovate for mine which also works very well.

Emolients like aqueous cream or barrier creams like Sudocrem are very helpful with stuff like this.

I am sure that it is nothing serious to worry about, but you can always get a look see from your GP if it continues. :)

Andria24
13-11-13, 19:34
Willous just mention it tomorrow when they remove the bandages. It's unlikely it's infected. The infection doesn't start away from the site of the op/wound but in or on. Even if it was infected it would have to be significant to affect your body temperature - as in you'd feel ill.

I'd stop inspecting my body/wound if I were you. If you'd been me yesterday you'd have probably got very upset. I went for bloods and the nurse made a bit of mess. Let's just say that I lost enough blood after I left the testing suite that my arm felt wet and when I looked well ... a bloody mess. Literally :D

willous1
13-11-13, 19:46
Oh god, not good. Hope your ok now. I'm just going to but some Nivea on it. I don't need to go to the doctors to have it done, I just take it off myself as dissolvable stitches. Thanks for replies.

katesa
13-11-13, 19:54
Hi willous,

The other posters have much more knowledge about this than me so just want to send you some hugs for your recovery from the op x

willous1
13-11-13, 19:58
Thank you, appreciate it x