PDA

View Full Version : New user and new to citalopram please help?

KLou
14-11-13, 13:16
hi everyone i am new to this site and new to citalopram.. i have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for 4 years now im 24 years old.. i have kind of been able to manage it myself for the last few years but since having my daughter and going back to work my panic and anxiety has become awful. i cannot drive anywhere or go into a shop without my heart racing feeling sweaty nervous sick and spaced out like im going to faint.. i cant remember the last time i felt normal even when im just at home i feel awful so i thought i need to do something about it. the doctor prescribed me 20mg citalopram but i started taking 10mg im on day 7 today and iv had some side effects like feeling sick and extremely tired they seemed to have gone a bit better but the one feeling i had last night and this morning which really scares me if feeling really on edge and nervous and irritable like mind racing cant relax or keep still or dont know what to do with yourself.. is this a normal side effect? as today is my 7th day and i am at my wits end now i have work tomorrow but im dreading driving in thinking of even phoning in sick i just really pray this tablet helps me get back on track and advice or feedback would be great thank you all :-) x

jenny kilden
14-11-13, 14:08
Hi klou
Anxiety is awful isn't it. Mine all started out of the blue last year.
Was put on cit got better, come off after 7 months and got bad again, so now I'm starting out again too.
The side effects are awful, for me anyway, I had every side effect going!
I've just had a cold/ flu which has thrown all my feelings/meds/ anxiety out the window n I feel rubbish. Anxiety and dizzy - not nice.
It does get better, I no this from last year.
So we got to keep goin x be strong, maybe you should see if you could have a few weeks off of work . ? Might help x