PDA

View Full Version : I look like and feel like death

melishaxoxo
14-11-13, 13:46
Over this past year my hair has been thinning and falling. No doctor knows why,HAVE VERY uncomfortable eye pain and no doctor knows why. They say I am stressed. Well yes I am stressed because of these scary symptoms. Financially I am stressed too as finding a better job aint easy. I am 27 and I still live with my parents and they give me hell because they think I am too lazy when MOST of the time I am laying in bed because I feel weak. I look like a zombie, my lips get chapped even though I apply lip balm, my hair is a disaster, I am looking out of shape even though I gym 4 times a week, my face looks pale like I have not slept for years even though I eat healthy, I normally get only 5 hours of sleep because I find it much hard to go to sleep in pain. I dont take meds because I hate them, I only take eyedrops. I look the worst I have ever looked in years and it dont matter how much makeup i use or what i wear,i still look like death. I dont know how this happened and I feel sad about it while girls my age all look their best but I feel like im dying or something, what is wrong with me??

katesa
14-11-13, 13:57
Ok darling, your physical symptoms I can't help you with because I'm not a doctor. I hope they get to the bottom of your eye pain and quickly. Please try to perservere with your medication if they have been prescribed by a doctor. They could make a big difference.

In regards to the rest of your post - first of all, I'm so sorry that your parents are being unkind. I imagine that they are really affecting your mental state with their negativity. Would you like to leave home if it meant house sharing or something of the sort?

With regards to your appearance - I am sure you look absolutely lovely and that you are just seeing the little flaws we all have that nobody else would notice on you, that you just notice them because you are looking closely.

To boost your confidence though, I suggest going to a make up shop (don't know if you have body shop or boots in your country but anything like them will do) and ask for a make over. These are usually free of charge and a trained professional will do your make up for you, showing you how to apply for best effect. I had one of these done when I was younger and feeling especially ugly and it was amazing - I never knew that applying a bit of shadow in this way, a bit of blusher just so, could make such a huge difference to my face. I was previously putting it on in a way that just didn't do it for me the best way.

Find a hair salon that has apprenctices or hair students (you can get huge discounts if you let them do your hair under the supervision of a senior stylist) and ask them to advise you on a cut that will best flatter you and let them do it.

If you go to the gym 4 times a week then babe, you definitely look 100x better than me and even I manage to scrub up ok and not look too lumpy-bumpy when I can be bothered ;-)

Many clothing shops have free personal shopper services where basically a stylists helps you select clothing that best flatters you. You don't have to buy anything but could get an idea of what colours, styles and shapes make you feel your most "ding DONG!".

As I said, I am certain that you look hot to trot anyway. Believe it or not, all but the most self assured of women feel a bit unattractive, a bit yucky or a bit insecure about themselves sometimes. I'm sure even Catherine Zeta-Jones sometimes says "God looks at those crows feet" when she looks in the mirror of a morning. So 99% of the battle is acceptance. But treating ourselves to some girly, affordable pampering, seeing how damn good we can look and learning what best suits us can be a major confidence boost.