PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm making progress

Katty1303
14-11-13, 17:27
Today I woke up feeling rotten but I've researched a lot about anxiety today which has made me feel better. Also rang my doc for a bit of reassurence as was unsure of a few symptoms and he as assured me he still thinks it's all my anxiety and for once I'm beginning to trust him. I tried a relaxation technique and for once I actually felt like it made a difference.

I hope I am makeing progress.

Will it be normal to sometimes feel like I'm back at square 1 though? Or should I keep moving foward?

SarahH
14-11-13, 18:33
Nothing is "normal" with this illness Kat. Recovery is different for us all. Good news that you have had such a good day:)

Katty1303
14-11-13, 21:11
Thanks for your reply, I know nothing is normal I just wondered if the people who have come out the other side, had set backs at first or just got better and better everyday?

cpe1978
14-11-13, 21:38
Katty well I can confirm that it is indeed normal. The way I cope is that I identified where I want to get to and am realistic in that goal. So for instance I know that everyone has health worries from time to time. My goal is that it doesn't occupy every waking thought.

So now, I have where I was and where I want to get to. Now this is the important but. Between a and b there will be bumps and in fact bloody great craters, maybe even a canyon or two, but what you need to look for is a general trend of progress.

So I for example have had a crappy couple of days, but on balance I have had less crap days this week than I would have had in an average week 8 weeks ago. And the crap days are less crap than they used to be. Celebrate the small victories and look at the bigger picture. And good luck.

katesa
14-11-13, 22:06
Katty you feel like you are making progress because you are. Well done you.

As per cpe's excellent post, it is entirely normal. X

MrAndy
14-11-13, 22:08
Thanks for your reply, I know nothing is normal I just wondered if the people who have come out the other side, had set backs at first or just got better and better everyday?
i had terrible dips folowed by better days then the dips became less severe and the better days became better weeks.
there is light at the end of the tunnel,keep fighting it

Katty1303
15-11-13, 08:01
Thanks everyone :)

roxy90
15-11-13, 08:12
This is fab, so pleased for you.

Unfortunately you're not going to wake up in the morning completely 'normal' like the anxiety never happened (I wish we all could!). It takes a while for your mind to get in such a high state of anxiety, so it will take a little time working its way out :)

It's very easy to say after a few days 'oh well look ive stopped worrying my symptoms are still there its not workking so I give up'. I did this loads of times. Of course some days will be worse than others. Eventually the worse days will become less and less. You'll get there, it's not easy but if you're determined you will get there x