PDA

View Full Version : Calf and rib pain scaring me :(

Bonnibelle
14-11-13, 17:31
I'm such a worrier about dvt. At 2pm today I had a sudden pain in my right calf muscle, almost just above my ankle area. Which struck like a shooting sensation, up the through my body before it struck around my right rib on my abdomen. As it shoots I only feel it faintly, the only place I feel the pain is the lower calf then literally a second later in my rib, then it's gone again.

It's happened 5 times since 2pm. Getting myself worried its a dvt:( I do have a slight niggle around right buttock so I wondered if sciatic but I'm concerned because it's in lower calf and why it would then strike on the front of my body around my ribs:(((

Can anyone help?

Andria24
14-11-13, 18:52
Bonnie you're ok. Look, on any given day my lower back can nag, my right shoulder twinges, for the last two days both calves have been tight and strained. There's always a niggle here and there ... the body is a marvellous machine in a way, and we rarely consider what it's doing, what we ask of it or even how it all works.

Like as not it's exactly the same with you - only you focus on things being hugely threatening when they're not. You'll be fine Bonnie! honest :hugs:

Bonnibelle
16-11-13, 00:52
Thank you Andria. It eased, I think it
Was coming from under the foot as the foot felt sore later last night.