PDA

View Full Version : Hello

julie
06-10-03, 10:55
Hi, I would just like to say how pleased i am to have found this site. I've suffered for years with what would appear to be classic anxiety attacks and have got to the stage on not going out alone anymore in case i have an attack.I've seen several doctors and consultants and they all tell me there is nothing wrong with me but it's hard to believe when the symptoms seem so real. I've read other people's stories on this site and i now realise that i'm not going mad and that there are other people that this is happening to. I've got to the stage now where it's completely taken over my life - i don't feel confident enough to work anymore, i don't take the kids anywhere nor do i feel confident to go out with the family as i usually have an attack and ruin their day. I've recently taken matters into my own hands and started to see a hypnotherapist to see if i can get my life back to somewhere near 'normal' - i certainly hope it works.
I know other people are going through what i'm going through and reading some of the stories on this site gives me hope that we can overcome this.
Julie.

Meg
06-10-03, 12:10
Hi Julie,

Welcome to the site. Glad you've found similar stories to your own. It's far more common than people generally know.

Do post if you've any questions or have something to share.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
06-10-03, 13:08
Hi Julie

I think it just helps to see that others are the same as you and you are not alone. We all try to help each other in here and support each other's illnesses.

Unfortunately there is no miracle cure - I would rich if I could come up with one, but just remember to take each day as it comes. Try to wake up positive and do something each day that makes you feel as though you are achieving something.

When I am bad, I try to go for a drive cos I panic most when driving. If I suceed then I feel much more positive. If I fail, then so what - I can try again the next day :-)

Keep going to see the Hypnotyherapist - that helped me enormously.

Nicola