PDA

View Full Version : Struggling Again & Work Getting Worse

sal
06-11-06, 20:02
Hi Firstly i want to say hi to everyone and sorry that i have not been on the site for so long. I have not been very well recently, my anxiety has risen really affecting my life and i have become very down and withdrawn just wanting to be on my own and not wanting to mix with others, which is so unlike me as im normally a very sociable person. I have been of work since March due to been accused of having a relationship with a prisoner. Yeah they did an investigation on my behalf against the people that had accused me and the one who sexually discriminated against me. But it has taken them 7 months to come back and say that they cant prove anything but have recognised that sexual inappropriate comments were made to me but thats about it. So ive waited all this time for that whilst been on the sick. But now wonder how i go back into an environment that treats you like that. I have actually got a solicitor involved and he is going to write to them so they should be in receipt of his letter by thursday. I wonder if hearing from a solicitor they actually get in touch with me sooner than they did last time when they left it 7 months.

Sorry to ramble on just cant think straight and see any logic way to work through this.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

ceecee
06-11-06, 21:09
hi sal
sorry you have got so much to deal with at the mo!!!!
its just your bodies way of coping with the stress.
i know what its like to feel unsociable,its horrible isn,t it!
i wish you well,and hope everything work-wise turns out ok.
i,m sure this is just a blip,and that you,ll be back to your old self soon
take care
rachel x

creatrix
06-11-06, 21:11
Hi, Sal. I'm a newbie here, but it sounds to me like you have plenty of legitimate reason to be anxious and depressed and withdrawn. I try to differentiate between anxiety with a chemical cause and anxiety with a legitimate real-world, not-just-in-my-head cause. The former is not normal, but the latter is quite understandable. You've been put in a situation where you do not have faith or trust in those around you... of course you're wound up! I hope you feel better and that your work situation clears up satisfactorily! Hang in there and be kind to yourself!

Piglet
06-11-06, 21:25
Hi Sal,

A big welcome back hun and I hope things start improving for you really soon.

Love Piglet x

alexis
06-11-06, 23:39
AWWWWWWWW Hiya sal, nice to see you back but sorry circumstances are crap, you have my mobile, text anytime and maybve we could talk again,xxx

Alexis
xx

manmoor
07-11-06, 00:34
Hi Sal,

Big hugs for you xoxoxooxo

Take Care

Mandyxx

LickeyEndBlues
07-11-06, 00:37
That all sounds pretty awful Sal. Good to hear you have taken legal advice......are POA or whatever union involved also?

It really gets to me when ill founded accusations cause all this pain, trouble is there are people who abuse their position and those b*stards bring everyone down. I used to work in a secure unit.

Ramble on as much as you want people are here for you and will support you.

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

yorkylover
07-11-06, 09:28
Welcome back Sal,sorry to hear your haveing a bad time of it at the mo.Hope things get better for you very soon.;)
Take care

Ellen XX

sal
07-11-06, 16:09
Hi thank you for all your words of support. I have just come back in from meeting a couple of friends, forced myself to go out and whilst out i have received an email from work saying they are referring me to a capability hearing because i have been on long term sick. No reflection given to the reasons why, so now it looks like after the investigation has finished they are now going to try and sack me. Just after feeling bit brighter because i have been out come home to that, straight back to square one.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

bearcrazy
07-11-06, 17:50
Hi sal,

I have been in a similar situation to you. I have recently been off work for 7 months and it was work related. I had to make the decision whether I wanted to go back or let THEM win. I have gone back to work and while it hasn't been easy I am really glad I did. I love my job and am good at it. I still have some difficult days but now I am becoming more and more confident. I think you have to ask yourself what the disadvantages / advantages of going back to work are or whether you need a job change.Good luck with whatever you do.

TC xx

'Be the change you want to see in the world' GHANDI

pips
07-11-06, 21:30
Hi Sal,

Welcome Back hun,

Sorry you have been feeling so bad mate and your having such a rough time.

PM me if you need to chat.

You Take Care,

Love Pips X X X X

Pippa.

trac67
07-11-06, 22:26
Hi Sal,

Nice to see you back, and hope things get sorted soon.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
07-11-06, 22:32
Hi Sal

Nice to see you again

I don't understand why they signed you off during this time but hope you get it sorted

xx

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

LickeyEndBlues
09-11-06, 02:15
Sal this doesnt sound right. I'm sure they can't do this. Are you getting any employment law advice??

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

sal
10-11-06, 19:17
Thanks for your replies. Yeah i have been to see a solicitor and he has written a letter for me that i sent yesterday first class registered. In the long term i want to resign and he is claiming for constructive dismissal and sexual discrimination. He has given them 7 days to reply rather than waiting 7 months.

Love Sal xx

carlin
10-11-06, 21:23
Hi Sal. am sorry you are having such a rough time right now, i so hope that things work in your favour, keep in touch darling xxxxxjean

lainey
10-11-06, 22:32
Hi Sal

Welcome back chuck!
I'm not surprised your anxiety is high again.
You know where Iif you need me.

Take care

Elaine x

sal
11-11-06, 17:29
Cheers hun. I just have to wait now and see how work replies to the letter from the solicitor.

Love Sal xx

clickaway
11-11-06, 18:30
Hi Sal,

I don't really see how capability comes into this, but I hope your solicitor sorts it out for you. I fully support you here, and wanna send you a huge hug.

(((Sal)))

xxx

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

ksmith
11-11-06, 22:47
Hi Sal

Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time of it. Capability is potentially a fair category of dismissal for those who have been off sick. Unfortunately it is sometimes possible to argue that the employee is incapable of carrying out contractual duties due to absence. However, you may have a defence under the Disabilty Discrimination Act. It would be worth getting your solicitor/union rep to look into the possibility. Hope things improve for you.

Best Wishes
Kay x

jill
12-11-06, 23:26
Hi Sal

I am sooo sorry to hear how things are going for you right now, my heart goes out to you.

Sorry I can't give any advice, but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

I do hope that things work out for you.

You take care ((( HUGS )))

LOVE JILLXXXX

sal
14-11-06, 14:46
Thanks for that Kay, can see both sides and as my solicitor says they have actually not stuck to their contractual agreement with me.

Love Sal xx

sal
14-11-06, 14:46
Thanks Ray

A big hug back to you.

Love Sal xx