PDA

View Full Version : I have the classical symptoms of Hodgkin's but no diagnosis !

Gemmal
14-11-13, 20:36
I swear I'm losing my mind .

For almost two years I have had , pain with alcohol ( no other explanation for it ) , itchy skin on and off .

No swollen glands or night sweats and I've put on a stone .

I've lost count of how many doctors blood tests and chest x ray

I want to break Down and cry

Is anxiety causing This !!! I don't believe the doctors I wish I could !!

Andria24
14-11-13, 20:42
Gemma I don't know anything about you however I think you're saying that you've been diagnosed with anxiety disorder? From what I can gather you believe you've got a deadly illness and yet your doctor says different ... Ok so let's be realistic: if you had something that deadly, two years of living without treatment would render you something of a medical miracle.

You need to try and work with the doctor regarding the illness that you do have, which is the anxiety. Please try and calm down and accept what your doctor has told you :hugs:

cattia
14-11-13, 20:43
If you've had blood tests and seen doctors, have no weight loss, swollen glands or night sweats then you really don't have the classic symptoms of hodgkins. If they thought there was any chance you could have it, they would be referring you for further tests. What kind of pain do you have when drinking alcohol? It could be a digestive issue, or simply a pain caused by do focusing on how you feel when you drink. I can't begin to tell you the weird and obscure symptoms that ny body has produced simply because I do focused on them.

Gemmal
14-11-13, 20:55
Wow Andria and Cattia thanks so much for the immediate replies it's calmed Down my panic attack ! Like this idea of medical miracle I guess your right about that !!

I do hope it's possible that I'm so focused on these symptoms that I actually make them happen ! I've read Hodgkin's causes pain in the affected lymh nodes after drinking alcohol ! I swear I can feel it in every node . Even down to the ones behind my knees but logically speaking that means it's all over my body by now and i guess I would be pretty much on deaths door?

My doctor felt my neck a few weeks ago cause I thought I had a lymph node - turns out it was muscle !

It really has taken it's toll on me

I have even had ldh esr crp several times at the height of my itchy phases and nothing found !

sometimes I think this is worse than anything there seems to be no end in sight

Fishmanpa
14-11-13, 21:38
Hi Gemmal,

Have to agree with the others and I can speak from experience as I had cancer. I had the painless swollen gland, the fatigue, night sweats and itchiness. I was convinced I had lymphoma. Turns out I did have cancer but it was squamous cell carcinoma (oropharyngeal). Funny, I was actually relieved it wasn't lymphoma until I read about SCC!

While I'm not a doctor, still, based on what you're saying and my own personal experience, I'd say with all confidence you don't have cancer. Anxiety does some pretty quirky things to your body and the physical symptoms are quite real. They're just not caused by physical issues. On the left side on the page is a "Symptoms" link and it actually explains why your body reacts to the tress as it does. Pretty informative stuff.

Positive thoughts!

Gemmal
14-11-13, 22:33
Fishmanpa thank you for this ! I had a look at the symptoms and they have really struck a cord with me

So glad you are fully recovered now ! Wishing you all the best

Gemma

Hopeandlove
14-11-13, 22:45
i had hodgkins may i ask if you have ocd?

Gemmal
14-11-13, 23:27
Defiantly a touch of OCD I worry about a lot of stuff not only health !