PDA

View Full Version : panic over 'deformity'

har76
14-11-13, 20:44
Why can't I stop obsessing about things -I have just let myself down badly by googling deformed ribs -since I had my children my right run cage seems slightly differently shaped to my left side during my pregnancy it was really painful and my little girl had her foot stuck under the right side so possibly pushed things about a bit - it has only bothered me very occasionally since -usually related to very quick movement etc (my youngest is 2 and 1/2) but since I have slipped into anxiety again it has now become a major issue and I have now scared myself stupid with internet even though most sites said this could be fairly normal and would only need correcting if causing lots of pain or breathing difficulties Iand we are not meant to be symmetrical etc I seem to be ignoring that and focusing on it being some terrible problem that I failed to get addressed earlier! Why can't I see sense! Please help

AnxietySufferer
17-11-13, 09:45
hello,
I have also had this worry, it tends to be the one I worry about when all the other things are normal! If it was anything serious then you would be in constant pain, if it comes and go's it is unlikely to be anything life threatening. Although do get it checked by the doctor for peace of mind!:)

har76
18-11-13, 08:45
Thanks for the reply -I did a bit of a no no on this and googled it and for once I could find nothing of any great concern I even found some you tube footage of someone with pretty much the same thing -basically this is a cosmetic thing and would only really need attention were it so severe as to be causing pain and breathing problems neither of which it is for me -so I guess I'd even Google can't find anything frightening on this then I should let that one go. You are right I also do tend to come back to this when I run out of other worries!