PDA

View Full Version : should I take canesten oral capsule? please reply!

made0fscars
14-11-13, 20:53
I just finished my course of phenoxymethylpenicillin for 7 days for tonsillitis and now I suspect a potential vaginal yeast infection, I am not in a lot of pain though and the area isn't particularly itchy yet.. I have a canesten oral capsule but am unsure as to whether to take it yet. (I don't want to let it get bad and want to catch it before it gets awful if it is a yeast infection) Last month I left it and didn't do anything until the whole area swelled up and burnt and itched, and was very uncomfortable so this is why I am tempted. Last months bout was also caused by broad spectrum antibiotics.

It is likely I can't ask my GP for a while.. and pharmacists aren't great with advice..

what do you guys think?

also, how would I know if I was getting oral thrush? the thought of this is way scarier to me than vaginal.

Andria24
14-11-13, 23:36
If you know you can take the medication (and it sounds like you've used it before) then take it. It's canesten, it's designed to fight candida, it's no use against the type of infection you've just had the antibiotics for. Hope you're feeling better soon :hugs: