PDA

View Full Version : worst twitch ever last night...scared me to death

pepsi
15-11-13, 07:54
After suffering from twitching allover for the past month in different areas of my body last night as I was driffting off the usual ones were flying around then I shook my head once . ..It wwoke me up and really frightened me. This surely can not be normal I feel like its all getting too much now . Should I see a dr ? Has this happened to anyone else atall?

Yossino
15-11-13, 09:13
Years ago when my panic issues really started. I had a lot of muscle twitching. I also sometimes kick when I'm about to fall asleep. It's definitely a possible sign of anxiety.

You can also feel falling sensations when you're just about to fall asleep as well. Which is a normal human thing.

pepsi
15-11-13, 10:21
Hi yossino thanku for replying...im not sure what to do in truth I have a small dent in my arm that wS causing me alot of pain xray showed nothing and its not aching now but dent is still there twitching has come on over the past 3 weeks its the unknown that scares me the most...I usually get the odd twitch which is new but my head shaking was horrible . I keep thinking what if I did it whilst fully contious in the que at the bank or buying milk . Im worried its getting worse by the day...

HoneyLove
15-11-13, 10:41
Twitching or jerking of part of your body just as you're falling asleep is called a hypnic jerk or hypnagogic jerk - it's a normal thing that happens to everyone, sometimes you get a sensation of falling with it too. It's harmless.

It happens more often if you're stressed, anxious, overtired or had a lot of caffeine.

If you've talked to your GP about this already then it's time to do some work on your anxiety levels and see if that helps.

nataliewoods88
15-11-13, 14:08
hey peps it nat, sorry to hear your twitches any any better! ive got one annoying one of my knee caps as we speak!! hows it going?

pepsi
15-11-13, 18:12
Thanks ..im used to jerking before falling asleep not so much the twitching..natalie I did reply to your last message..hope u got it. ? Twitching has eased off but still very much there. Ive got to get to the drs if the dr says its nothing after tests then I will just have to learn to live with these strange twitches.