PDA

View Full Version : blood in spit?

keaw
15-11-13, 09:12
does anyone else ever spit blood first thing in the morning, I don't every day, but it really scares me :(

Katty1303
15-11-13, 09:44
After brushing your teeth?

keaw
15-11-13, 16:37
nope, as soon as I get up. I have huge anxiety about my throat anyway as I have globus sensation and have been to the dentist recently, who said my mouth is fine( if a bit red). I so sick of worrying about every little thing,not that this feels like a little thing to me.

emlica
15-11-13, 17:09
With your globus sensation, do you dry swallow a lot, or try to 'cough up' your lump or mucus or anything? Because it could just be that you've irritated your throat and that's what the blood is.

Raidenshred
17-11-13, 22:26
Is it blood or just kinda brownish? Dark-coloured spit in the morning is perfectly normal. Trust me, I used to have this exact same worry and be spitting into the sink every couple of hours to check.

If it was anything serious, you'd have blood in your spit all the time, not just in the morning. Dark-coloured spit in the morning is normal because you've been lying in bed and mucus, snot, phlegm, spit and stomach acid have all been mixing together in your throat all night. (Hope nobody was eating when they read that.) Though if it keeps worrying you, tell a doctor.